Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Hiding Attributes when out of stock in that size

Hi all,
    I did a search but came up empty. I'm trying to see if this is possible.. basically under "Attributes Controller", I was wondering if it's possible to add an option under attribute flags&legend "hide/unhide".

Here's what I'm trying to do.. basically we sell sandals in our store and we set up each color to have size attributes small to extra large etc. we're a small business so we tend to run out of stock in certain sizes, so I end up having to go into attributes controller and manually remove the attribute when out of stock in that size, and then reinsert it at a later time when we have that size back in stock.

Example:
    Black -=Small
    -=Medium
    -=Large (if out of stock in large, can this option be hidden to customer temporarily, like when hiding products under categories/products "status-enable/disable"?)
    -=X-Large

thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hiding Attributes when out of stock in that size

There's 'Stock by Attribute' mod here http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=310

I haven't used it, but I think it would show '0' units in stock when you were out.

You might be able to build on it to hide the sizes.

Plugin Contributions

Did you discover anything on this afterglow? I have the same issue with a store I am building for a footwear company with often low stock levels in certain sizes. I have installed stock by attributes, which is excellent - however, as you point out, it does not remove attribute value from my size drop-down when that particular size runs out of stock...

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,
    I am having the same problem. Has anyone gotten this to work yet? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

What I do for a product that has multipule attributs that sell out and later get restocked is to minipulate in the products_attribute table the field 'attributs_display_only'. The attribute still is visable but is not selectible if set to '1'. When it gets restocked, simply reset the control bit to a '0'.

This can be done with a simple SQL script UPDATE command or of course you can set/reset the raw database. Since I have over 9000 items, half of which have attributs of which hundreds change daily, my inventory program writes the script for updating everything so I don't have a sample script. But that's a way to do it without deleting the attribute.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    There's 'Stock by Attribute' mod here http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=310

I haven't used it, but I think it would show '0' units in stock when you were out.

You might be able to build on it to hide the sizes.
    i'd like to use this contribution, but do not know how to complete the first step --

Create a new database table and a new configuration switch by running the 'stock_attribute.sql' via Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches.

does anyone have the query so that i can plug it into "install SQL patches?"

thanks

Plugin Contributions

oops.. never mind. sorry. i found it in the download.

Plugin Contributions

ok, so i was able to install the contribution w/o issue.
    i entered in all the quantities for the product variants --> selected sync quantities. quantity for all variants = 23

on config --> stock:

check stock level = true
    subtract stock = true
    allow checkout = false
    show avail stock level in cart when less than order = true

admin --> categories/product admin = quantity for the product = 23

so why is it that it still allows the customer to check-out if they order more than the attribute quantity? for example, i have it set to 10 blue pants, 8 red pants, 5 green pants so it's 23 total. if the user selects 10 green pants, it allows him/her to check out. it's working properly if i select 40 green pants -- the transaction is rejected.

pls let me know what i'm missing!

Plugin Contributions

also, if i have the option name set as checkboxes, the user can select +1 color... which is great. however, the cart doesn't get updated with the additional quantity items. so in essence, the user can select 4 different colors, but still check out with only 1 item. this will be a pain cuz then i'll have to contact them to get it straightened out. are there any contributions for this or does it already exist on the system?

Plugin Contributions

i reinstalled the contribution and that seemed to do the trick. it must have been because during the first installation, one of the files didn't get overwritten bc i didn't make a selection in time. i ended up overwriting all the duplicate files and it's working now. i hope i didn't "break" something else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast