Plugin Contributions

Default Greek (UTF-8) language issues

Hi there,

I'm in the process of creating an eshop in Greek and am running into the following problem which should apply to other languages as well:

After installing zen-cart (1.3.7), I enter the admin page and enter a new product. I type in a short product name in greek which works fine.

If however I try to type in a slightly longer product name (which normally would work in English), the following error comes up:

1406 Data too long for column 'products_name' at row 1
    in:
    [update products_description set products_name = 'ασδφσδφφσαδφασδφασδφ', products_description = 'asdfasdf', products_url = '' where products_id = '181' and language_id = '2']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    Now, based on the below forum post, apart from creating a language pack, I shouldn't need to make any other changes to the database or zen-cart:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32267&highlight=utf-8+greek
    However, based on the language pack for UTF-8 from the zen-cart page
    HTML Code:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&cPath=40_46&products_id=601
    I also need to add:
    Code:
    if (version_compare(mysql_get_server_info(), '4.1.0', '>=')) {
    			mysql_query('SET NAMES "utf8"', $this->link);}
    to query-factory.php

When I try to do this and install zen-cart I get the following error:
    1366 Incorrect string value: '\xA3:&eur...' for column 'configuration_value' at row 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Convert currencies for Text emails', 'CURRENCIES_TRANSLATIONS', '£,£:€,€', 'What currency conversions do you need for Text emails?
    Default = £,£:€,€', 12, 120, NULL, '2003-11-21 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');]

Has anyone come across this before? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Alex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Greek (UTF-8) language issues

open \zc_install\sql\zencart_mysql.sql

find:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Convert currencies for Text emails', 'CURRENCIES_TRANSLATIONS', '£,£:€,€', 'What currency conversions do you need for Text emails?
    Default = £,£:€,€', 12, 120, NULL, '2003-11-21 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');

change to:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Convert currencies for Text emails', 'CURRENCIES_TRANSLATIONS', '', 'What currency conversions do you need for Text emails?
    Default = ', 12, 120, NULL, '2003-11-21 00:00:00', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');
    Chinese language pack
    Zen Cart plugins demo includes Ultimate SEO, Image Handler, Template Switch, Column Layout, Lightbox and Multi-Language EZ-Pages

Plugin Contributions

Perfect! That did the trick, thanks a lot...

Plugin Contributions

I am also having the same problem in products when I type long greek names. Is there a way to fix it without reinstall zencart again with modified \zc_install\sql\zencart_mysql.sql ?

Plugin Contributions

I have the same porblem, but how do we do this with out having to reinstall. Can we just re-import zencart_mysql.sql throught the "SQL Query Executor" ???

Thanks