Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

AleCat83, which version of the mod are you using? The one on post #8 (page 1) was the original mod, which works if you have your store set to show the Add Selected Products to Cart buttons at the top and/or bottom of the pages rather than an individual Add to Cart button for each product. The one on post #26 (page 3) works if you have your store set to show the individual Add to Cart buttons. For neither one should you have buttons that say "Buy Now." If you do, then you have the settings wrong.

Please include a link to the site with the problem so that people can see what's going on.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: drop down attributes at product listing page near add to cart button.

Firstly I would just like to say this mod is excellent and has saved me stacks of time.

I am currently developing a site and this mod suits the requirements perfectly, i was just wondering if it is at all possible to have the quantity box appear with all of the attributes, presently it appears just on the page.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

I've installed this mod and it seems to be working fine, but what I'd like to do now is have it show on all the different product lising pages (All Products, etc.). Right now on those pages it does not have the attribute drop down nor an Add to Cart button. Is this something that can be changed in Admin?

Also, the way I have the products set up, no prices display--I would like to change this. I have one item that can have three different options, but there is not a "base price" to the item. So it displays "Starting at:" and nothing. I would like it to display the price of the cheapest option, if possible.

Here's a link to a site I'm re-vamping where the changes will be implemented: https://www.mcqueeneycoins.com/index...e=products_all

Can someone help? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mcqueeneycoins View Post
    I've installed this mod and it seems to be working fine, but what I'd like to do now is have it show on all the different product lising pages (All Products, etc.). Right now on those pages it does not have the attribute drop down nor an Add to Cart button. Is this something that can be changed in Admin?
    In order to do that you need to use another mod, one you will find at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...sting+template . The mod uses a single template for all of the listing pages (All Products, New Products, etc.). I use the mod, and it works great, enabling me to have the attributes appear on all of the pages.

Also, the way I have the products set up, no prices display--I would like to change this. I have one item that can have three different options, but there is not a "base price" to the item. So it displays "Starting at:" and nothing. I would like it to display the price of the cheapest option, if possible.

Here's a link to a site I'm re-vamping where the changes will be implemented: https://www.mcqueeneycoins.com/index...e=products_all

Can someone help? Thanks!
    I went to the URL you included, and the prices are showing on the Flying Eagle page. There is no "Starting at." I'm assuming that you must have changed some settings since posting this message.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Maureen! I'll give it a shot. Yes, I made some edits since posting. Silly me forgot to click Yes on the products for "Priced By Attributes". I'll keep you posted on if I can get the attribute drop down mod I installed to work with the single template mod you sent. Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by leest35 View Post
    Firstly I would just like to say this mod is excellent and has saved me stacks of time.

I am currently developing a site and this mod suits the requirements perfectly, i was just wondering if it is at all possible to have the quantity box appear with all of the attributes, presently it appears just on the page.

thanks
    I'm confused about what it is that you want to do. The quantity box is for specifying how many of a particular product someone wants and will appear with each product, if you have it set to do so. There are no quantity boxes for attributes since attributes are generally something that you wouldn't apply more than once to a product, such as color or size.

Plugin Contributions

Maureen,

I gave it a shot but can't get it to work. I installed the single template but the add to cart and quantity boxes would not show up on the product listing pages. I tried adjusting the admin setting with no luck. I then tried to merge this mod (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=98641&page=3) -- it just so happens to look like something you helped develop! -- thinking that would solve the problem and I got lost. I'm afraid PHP is not my strong suit. Would you be willing to give me a little more guidance on where to go from here? I want the quantity box, drop down attribute box and add to cart buttons to appear on all of the product listing pages so that it appears almost like this: https://www.mcqueeneycoins.com/index...ndex&cPath=1_2 (I have uninstalled the single template for now). You can see on the All Products page (https://www.mcqueeneycoins.com/index...e=products_all) there is no add to cart or attribute drop down.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for the reply, my site offers a product which can be in a number of colours for example it can be blue, green, red or black. Now a customer might want to order 10 blue, five black and twenty red. The problem is at the moment i only have one quantity box and so if the customer enters 40, i wouldn't no which number of each colour they would want and to make each colour a seperate product would just be really horrible from a customers point of view, which is why i asked if there was a way that a quantity box could be added to each attribute.

Thanks

Lee

Plugin Contributions

The link you gave is to the same thread that we are in now. Post #26 of that page is the version of the mod that I posted. An earlier post in the same thread has the original version of the mod. You would use either one or the other, depending on how you want your store to work.

I am afraid that you're giving me more credit than is due. As I stated in previous posts, the only part I had in developing the version of the mod that I included in post #26 is that I hired someone to alter the original mod so that it would work when having separate Add to Cart buttons for each product. Though I have done some mods of my own, they were simple ones. A mod like this one is way beyond my ability to author since my knowledge of PHP is extremely limited.

That having been said, if you take a look at http://mdschoice.com/human_products/...e=products_all, you'll see that the All Products page has the attributes and the same appearance and layout as the other product listing pages, so I know that the mod in this thread and the one in that thread I posted the link to can work in conjunction.

By a comment that you made, it sounds like you might have misunderstood what to do. The first thing you do is apply the mod in this thread and get your Product Listing page operating the way you want it to. Then you use that other mod to make All Products, New Products, Featured Products, etc. work the same way as your Product Listing page.

If you didn't before, I would recommend that you read that entire other thread. There are corrections, additions and explanations on later pages.

As a reminder, both of these mods were designed to work with Zen Cart 1.3.7. I don't know what version you have, but if it's a newer one, there may be issues of incompatibility.

Maureen,

I gave it a shot but can't get it to work. I installed the single template but the add to cart and quantity boxes would not show up on the product listing pages. I tried adjusting the admin setting with no luck. I then tried to merge this mod (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=98641&page=3) -- it just so happens to look like something you helped develop! -- thinking that would solve the problem and I got lost. I'm afraid PHP is not my strong suit. Would you be willing to give me a little more guidance on where to go from here? I want the quantity box, drop down attribute box and add to cart buttons to appear on all of the product listing pages so that it appears almost like this: https://www.mcqueeneycoins.com/index...ndex&cPath=1_2 (I have uninstalled the single template for now). You can see on the All Products page (https://www.mcqueeneycoins.com/index...e=products_all) there is no add to cart or attribute drop down.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid that this mod isn't going to be able to help you with that. This one is strictly for getting attributes to appear on the Product Listing page. You could look around and see if someone has created a mod for what you want, but I'm not sure if it would even be possible.

If I was a customer on your site and wanted to order 30 items, 10 blue and 20 black, what I'd do is add the item to the cart, select blue as the color and 10 as the quantity. Then I'd add the item to the cart again, this time selecting black as the color, quantity 20. If I also decided I wanted some in red, I'd add it a third time and select red as the color. What this would result in is three products in the cart. They are all the same product, just in three different colors. If you look at clothing sites where there are options of color and/or size, you'll see that's how any order has to be done. I have never seen a site that has the function you want. For instance, take a look at hanes.com, the site for one of the biggest T-shirt manufacturers in the U.S.

It is not necessary for you break up the color options into separate products. You can have it as a single product with an attribute for choosing color. If a person wants the item in more than one color, they would do what I said above. It isn't that tough, and it's what pretty much all customers would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by leest35 View Post
    Hi Maureen,

Thank you for the reply, my site offers a product which can be in a number of colours for example it can be blue, green, red or black. Now a customer might want to order 10 blue, five black and twenty red. The problem is at the moment i only have one quantity box and so if the customer enters 40, i wouldn't no which number of each colour they would want and to make each colour a seperate product would just be really horrible from a customers point of view, which is why i asked if there was a way that a quantity box could be added to each attribute.

Thanks

Lee

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast