Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to clone Table Module

So I've followed the directions to clone shipping modules listed here https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=189
    but each time when I relaunch the shipping module page i get errors. I used dreamweaver to rename each instance of "table" and "TABLE" to "tableusa" and "TABLEUSA" just like the instructions say.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to clone Table Module

Check your markup in a plain text editor as DW can add things that are not kosh
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I will be uploading a copy of a clone shortly to the Zen Cart Download section, but for now you can download it from here by right clicking and selecting "Save Target As". I am also including it as an attatchment.

This file Table_Rate_Clone.zip contains the clone of the shipping module Table Rate, in the proper file structure for Zen Cart 1.3.x - I have tested and use this shipping module on my live site, and have seen no errors or other problems with these clones, but as such I suggest using at your own risk.

There are 3 clones in the .zip folder table2.php, table3.php, table4.php (both in the /modules/shipping, and in the language files that go with them).

If you need more than four(4) Table Rate shipping modules (the original plus the three included in this zip file), you should be able to figure out how to make another clone by looking at any of the cloned files included.

Hope this will be some help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both for your input. I will certainly give your clones a go today, DWells.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gtowle View Post
    Thank you both for your input. I will certainly give your clones a go today, DWells.
    You are welcome. Best of luck with your venture

Plugin Contributions

Does it matter what the files are named? (table2.php, etc.)

Plugin Contributions

Also, I noticed that "MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_TITLE" affects the title that appears in both the catalog AND the admin area, contrary to the comments regarding "Title seen in Admin" and "Seen in Catalog."

To clarify, I have the following settings, but "FedEx Ground" appears in both places:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_TITLE', 'FedEx Ground'); //Title seen in Admin
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Table Rate - US'); // Seen in Catalog
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gtowle; 28 May 2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added clarification to question

Plugin Contributions

Also, I noticed that "MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TEXT_TITLE" affects the title that appears in both the catalog AND the admin area, contrary to the comments regarding "Title seen in Admin" and "Seen in Catalog."

To clarify, I have the following settings, but "FedEx Ground" appears in both places:

Thanks!
    In my use of the Table rates, on line 24 I use the Shipper-- DHL... line 25: DHL - Rush Shipping... Line 26: 2 - 6 days

In Admin is shows as "DHL"... in the Catalog is shows as: DHL - Rush Shipping (2 - 6 days)

To answer your earlier question, the file name doesnt' have to be "table2.php"... but if you change it to something like "shippingUSA.php" you'll need to change all refferences to "table2" in "table2.php" ect. to match the new file name.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

DWells-

Sorry to say, your table modules are working for me. I have them set to item, but no matter how many items I purchase, they don't go above shipping for 1 item.

I have the default module setup the exact same way and it works accurately.

I'm running ZC 1.3.8

Geoff

Plugin Contributions

DWells-

Sorry to say, your table modules are working for me. I have them set to item, but no matter how many items I purchase, they don't go above shipping for 1 item.

I have the default module setup the exact same way and it works accurately.

I'm running ZC 1.3.8

Geoff
    I have not tested in a "Per Item" enviroment, so I was unaware of that issue; I use and have tested in the "Price" method, using a percentage of the price to figure shipping (65:7.50,100000:16%).

The various sites I've managed when I wanted or needed a per item shipping method I never used the Table Rate Module, instead I used the Per Item shipping module (and cloned it for the various areas I was shipping to).

I will look and see if I can't find where the Per Item portion of the Table Rate Clone module is failing-- but I'm not sure I'll be able to find it... So anyone else that wishes to help in locating my error in Cloning the Table Rate Shipping Module please feel free to give any advice or soloution you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast