Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate IP addresses

Hi there everyone. I am hoping somebody can help me with a problem I am having. My store is live but it is not listed with the search engines and I have it down for maintenance and am only allowing my IP address to have access. When I first visit my site it only shows one user. As soon as I visit a secured page like checkout or Log In then exit this page it shows another user online equaling two online. If I then close the page then reopen my site again it now shows three visitors. Then every time I refresh the page it adds another visitor. I have checked my Who's Online section in admin and it is the Unique IP address that is asigned to my Secured pages that is being duplicated. So this is telling me my SSL is somehow causing this. Does anybody have any ideas on this. Regards Simon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate IP addresses

When a customer flips into SSL mode, it's not uncommon for a new session to be established. Thus, you'll see an extra entry in who's-online.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate IP addresses

Thanks mate. I had come to that conclusion myself as well. I have also found things have settled down now that I have stopped using Paypal Express. I think the automatic account creation was causing havoc.