Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - anyone using this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardenBath View Post
    Great idea to combine the modules in use like that, nev!
    thank you

but what i'm proposing is actually a lot simpler. it uses the present built in GV, and only adds the admin functionality to enter and "activate" the number for preprinted "plastic" card and the ammount the person purchased.

I have manually changed this GV number in the table directly. So I know it can be done.

Nothing changes in the functionality of the present GV system.

I'm actually wondering if there isn't a way to create your own gift card codes that could be e-mailed to customers and still redeemed using this great mod.
    <snip> why couldn't we find some software and create our own codes...then e-mail the unique code to the customer and have them redeem the "virtual" gift card using this mod?
    There is no need for any of that. That is ALL already built into the base functionality of Zen Cart into the original GV.

It creates random GV codes, e-mails them to the customer, they can redeem it through the built in GV redeem text box, in the My Accounts or on check out.

That would make this mode recreate what the built in GV does. So no need. Just use the original GV system if it’s a virtual card.

4. "Allow assignment of card to a particular customer (defeats purpose of "gift") - although you may use initial order # to track purchaser
    T Zinn didn’t quite understand my question there I think.

I was asking if the card once it is received by the gift recipient can be assigned to his/her account not the original purchaser.

And the fact that the e-card Gift Certificate number is originally assigned to the person that bough it is also irrelevant.

Aunt Beth buys an e-card GV. Decides to give it or part of the amount of it to Susie. She enters her account, finds that the store approved her GV purchase and clicks the ‘Send GV’. She completes her message to Susie, determines the amount of the GV she wants to send. She could have bought a 50$ e-card Gift Certificate but only wants to give Susie 20$, the other 30 she might want to send to Susie’s mom for her b-day in a month, or use it herself.

Now when Susie receives the e-mail with her Gift Certificate number, it is a different number then the one Aunt Beth received. Aunt Beths total GV balance is deducted for the amount she sent and the new number that Susie received is again sitting as Not Redeemed. Meaning its not connected to any particular client account. Once Susie redeems the card its now connected to her account. She can now use it or send it to someone else.

She could have decided that she didn’t even want to redeem it. And without ever redeeming the GV, give the GV code she received to her friend Melanie. And Melanie could be the one to redeem it. As I said, once it’s sent, before its redeemed it belongs to no one.

Where T Zinn said:
    Aunt Betty never sees the information from Susie's transaction, nor does she have access to it.
    She doesn’t see it with the present built in GV system either, its Susie’s account and Aunt Beth has NO access to it. The moment you send a GV to someone the cart reissues a new number (you don’t see this new number, just the recipient does) for the amount you sent. The new GV number does not need to be approved in the admin like the original purchase since it’s only a “transfer”.

Now here is the difference, if you run an online store and want to offer the physical Gift Certificate to send to your customers, or even like me if you want to additionally offer them to be purchased at live “events” 1-2 times a year then this solution is what you need. You don’t need to track the physical Gift Certificates separately. Actually you don’t want to.

However if you are in the situation like T Zinn then the module he designed is perfect.

He has both an online and brick-and-mortar store. The card has to be redeemable at both. If you can only track the amounts spent on a card if it’s redeemed by a customer in your online store then he would not be able to serve these customers in his brick-and-mortar store. So for that situation tracking Gift Cards through the number only with no possible association to a customer is exactly what he, or anyone to whom the online store is an extension of their brick-and-mortar store, needs/wants. The present GV system, even if you could enter the GC number manually would not work.

And as I said earlier it’s a great mod, and loads of people have been looking for it.

nev
    Last edited by nev; 2 Jun 2008 at 03:40 AM.

Plugin Contributions

This mod sounds wonderful. I downloaded and installed it with no trouble, created and unlocked a card number, etc. All worked well till I got to checkout. I entered the card number, chose a secondary option in case of overrun, and tried to proceed to the final checkout step, but encountered the following error:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ot_giftcard::update_giftcard_balance(), called in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\modules\order_total\ot_giftcard.php on line 210 and defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\modules\order_total\ot_giftcard.php on line 541

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\modules\order_total\ot_giftcard.php:541) in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\functions\functions_general.php on line 44
    Now, I know just about enough about php to install zencart mods, but no more. I would really like to use this mod, but I have no clue what to do to fix this error. I am using zen 3.7.something, and have more mods installed than I can list. Everything else works perfectly. I recently installed the checkout without account mod. Help, anyone? My thanks in advance.

riiver

Plugin Contributions

I do not know anything about ver 1.37 as this module was designed for ver 1.38a but perhaps someone else may be able to help with this problem. The "argument 2" asked for in the routine is the amount to deduct from the card balance account. This number cannot be negative or zero, and must be a decimal type. The error would not likely be in the script as this number is passed to it from the order_total core module during checkout, so I'm thinking it is a version problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

T. Zinni

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the double post; I'm not sure how that happened and was unable to edit the second one for some reason.

I never thought about it being a version issue, duh. I don't remember the mod saying anywhere that it was 1.3.8-specific, or did I miss that? (If not, you might consider putting that into your documentation somewhere.) I know 1.3.8 is supposed to be the best version and all that but I had issues with multiple modules when I upgraded, some of them can't-live-without-it mods, so I downgraded back to 1.3.7.

Well, pooey. I was soooo excited to find this mod, and I was really hoping I could use it. I don't suppose there's a simple fix that makes it 1.3.7-compatible?

Thanx for the reply :)

Plugin Contributions

First of, i have to say, i love this contribution, it is now being used on a site thats not really been introduced yet, but the clients plan to kick site off by giving out 500 - $2.00 item in the hopes they will upsell more products. i have seen where you can set on coupons to make coupon box show on only certain items, and struggled a bit here, but got it figured out and gonna share code in case anyones lookin for same option

***original code*****

/**
    * following line allows to show only if item is in cart
    */

if ($this->use_credit_amount())
    {
    $selection = array('id' => $this->code,
    'module' => $this->title,
    'redeem_instructions' => MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GIFTCARD_REDEEM_INSTRUCTIONS,
    'checkbox' => $this->use_credit_amount(),
    'fields' => array(array('title' => MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GIFTCARD_TEXT_ENTER_CODE,
    'field' => zen_draw_input_field('gcard_redeem_code', '', 'id="gcard-'.$this->code.'" onkeyup="submitFunction(0,0)"'),
    'tag' => 'gcard-'.$this->code
    )));
    }
    return $selection;
    }
    /**

**end*************

*** replace with****

/**
    * following line allows to show only if item is in cart
    */

if ($_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('products_id','2241178')) {

if ($this->use_credit_amount())
    {
    $selection = array('id' => $this->code,
    'module' => $this->title,
    'redeem_instructions' => MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GIFTCARD_REDEEM_INSTRUCTIONS,
    'checkbox' => $this->use_credit_amount(),
    'fields' => array(array('title' => MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GIFTCARD_TEXT_ENTER_CODE,
    'field' => zen_draw_input_field('gcard_redeem_code', '', 'id="gcard-'.$this->code.'" onkeyup="submitFunction(0,0)"'),
    'tag' => 'gcard-'.$this->code
    )));
    }
    return $selection;
    }

}
    /**

**end************

2241178 is the products id, this hasent really been tested in live envirnment yet, but feeling pretty confident
    Never be afraid to try something new, remember that amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Plugin Contributions

is there away to bulk upload the number and unlock them all at the same time?

I have a question, this might not be the right place to ask though.

I just installed this mod and I think it'll be perfect for my shop. My question however, is whether there's a way to set the shipping price of the gift card to a specific amount (less than standard shipping), and to make it ship for free if purchased with another product.

I'm using the zones shipping (canada/us) and a store pickup option.

thanks in advance for your help!
    Tiff :-)
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

I am installing this contribution but zc_install ask me information about my database and I can't find them. Where do I have to look for these information?

Plugin Contributions

database error Re: Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - anyone using this yet?

It seems that I cannot get the module working.
    I get an error when I want to check-out / pay the basket.

I get the folowing error:
    PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for ot_giftcard::update_giftcard_balance(),
    called in /var/www/html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_giftcard.php on line 210
    and defined in /var/www/html/includes/modules/order_total/ot_giftcard.php on line 541

I'm using:
    PHP versie: 5.2.9 (Zend versie: 2.2.0) TITLE_PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT 8M
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

Who can help me with the solution to this anoing problem.

Quote Originally Posted by riiver_of_dreams View Post
    This mod sounds wonderful. I downloaded and installed it with no trouble, created and unlocked a card number, etc. All worked well till I got to checkout. I entered the card number, chose a secondary option in case of overrun, and tried to proceed to the final checkout step, but encountered the following error:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for ot_giftcard::update_giftcard_balance(), called in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\modules\order_total\ot_giftcard.php on line 210 and defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\store\includes\modules\order_total\ot_giftcard.php on line 541

Now, I know just about enough about php to install zencart mods, but no more. I would really like to use this mod, but I have no clue what to do to fix this error. I am using zen 3.7.something, and have more mods installed than I can list. Everything else works perfectly. I recently installed the checkout without account mod. Help, anyone? My thanks in advance.

riiver

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know if this works on 1.3.9 ??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast