Plugin Contributions

Default remove "width: 150px;" from <div id="categories" class="rightBoxContainer" style="wid

I’ve put my categories side box into the menu. I know theres other ways of achieving the menu i want, but im following this method through aswell as a learning exercise.

Firebug is telling me the following;
    <div id="categories" class="rightBoxContainer" style="width: 150px;">

How can I remove this "width: 150px;". Its not in any style sheet so im guessing its in the php somewhere.
    Thanks
    James

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: remove "width: 150px;" from <div id="categories" class="rightBoxContainer" style=

Well, it's found in includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_box_default_right.php

but the actual 150px value is set in admin - configuration - layour settings - column width - right boxes

If you want to shut off the right sideboxes altogether, there's a 'global' setting there too.

(I used the admin - tools - developers tool kit and searched for 'rightboxcontainer' to find this.)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: remove "width: 150px;" from <div id="categories" class="rightBoxContainer" style=

Admin>>Configuration>>Layout Settings and the top two lines are where you can change that width:

Column Width - Left Boxes 150px
    Column Width - Right Boxes 150px

Also if you don't want the side columns on at all, you can turn them off in the same section:

Column Left Status - Global
    Column Right Status - Global
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.

The reason I wanted this was I had to put
    <div id="categoriesContent" class="sideBoxContent">
    In my header. When I found the source php file that was creating the categories box and copied the content into my header file, it didnt work.

So that my menu can be fluid I dont want a width value for this div so ive changed the following;

<div class="rightBoxContainer" id="<?php echo str_replace('_', '-', $box_id ); ?>" style="width: <?php echo $column_width; ?>">

<div class="rightBoxContainer" id="<?php echo str_replace('_', '-', $box_id ); ?>" style="">

I first tried to use CSS to override the PHP but the following didn't work;
    .rightBoxContainer, #categories {
    width: 100%;
    }

So long as this hasn't caused problems for me down the line, it seems to be working fine.

In future, would it be possible to use CSS to override the PHP so I dont have to edit the PHP code?

thanks
    james