Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default stopped receiving payment received notification emails from PayPal??

about a week ago, i stopped receiving the payment received emails from paypal payments. i DO get the order email from zencart, the payment does show in paypal when i look, but i stopped receiving the "Notification of payment received" emails from PayPal. i don't think i have changed anything... what could be the problem?

also when i look at the "PayPal IPN" under the admin, it shows the info there too. the instant payment notifcations are enabled in paypal...

i'm really not sure what the problem is why i stopped receiving those emails.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: stopped receiving payment received notifications from PayPal??

I'd check your spam folder, and also ask PayPal why you're not getting those emails. Zen Cart doesn't have any control over whether you get those emails.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This must be a current Paypal issue because my client reported the same thing and I told her EXACTLY what Dr Byte told her... to start with Payapl since those payment notifications are sent DIRECTLY from Paypal and NOT Zen Cart..

Eventually since she doesn't seem to believe that fat meat is greasy, I will have to call Paypal for her to confirm what I already know to be true.. PAYPAL NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE WITH IT'S CUSTOMERS.. **sigh**

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response to know it isn't related to zen-cart. I contacted PayPal and they say they are unable to see any reason from my account why I am unable to receive the notifications that they sent to me...

I just got an order from my new store also and didn't receive the notification there either... 2 separate PayPal accounts, 2 separate zen cart stores. I use godaddy but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. strange.

Also good to know I am not the only one with this issue, thanks for posting Diva, let me know if you get something figured out with PayPal...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gorie View Post
    Thanks for the response to know it isn't related to zen-cart. I contacted PayPal and they say they are unable to see any reason from my account why I am unable to receive the notifications that they sent to me...

I just got an order from my new store also and didn't receive the notification there either... 2 separate PayPal accounts, 2 separate zen cart stores. I use godaddy but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. strange.

Also good to know I am not the only one with this issue, thanks for posting Diva, let me know if you get something figured out with PayPal...
    I am waiting for my client to contact Paypal to get the ball rolling.. IF she does, I will post the findings here.. I've asked her SEVERAL times to contact them to MAKE THEM resolve this.. It's just really hard to get her to see that EVERY issue with Paypal is NOT related to Zencart.. **sigh**

If she doesn't contact them.. I MAY do it just to get an darn answer once and for all.. Either way I'll post my findings here..

Plugin Contributions

I too have stopped receiving these but only on Paypal Express. Web Payments Pro is fine.

I stopped receiving any emails regarding refunds ages ago though.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bargaindropper View Post
    I too have stopped receiving these but only on Paypal Express. Web Payments Pro is fine.

I stopped receiving any emails regarding refunds ages ago though.
    I wonder if there is a differnce between transactions paid using the "Express" checkout versus transactions which opted to use the Website Payments Standard.. My client says that the issue with notifications is intermittent.. I wonder if that is because of the option chosen by the customer during checkout.. Hmmm.. Clearly this is an issue that Paypal needs to resolve..

Plugin Contributions

I too stopped receiving them on the 19th or 20th of August.

Looking in my Paypal, I can see that the notifications are still being sent out, as they are all there in the notification box, showing that the notifications are going to the url .../ipn_main_handler.php

Paypal sees no reason why they aren't being received, as they show every message has gone out to the url provided. The url is correct, as I haven't changed anything. And the messages are NOT going to a spam box.

I even went into the IPN at paypal, and clicked on all the messages and resent, and didn't get those messages either, although they all show as being sent out properly.

I get all my other payment notifications from paypal still, the only ones I DO NOT receive are the ones from my Zen Cart Transactions.

Plugin Contributions

Default email from checkout but not express

so when i do a Standard transaction and use the checkout now button and choose paypal a payment notification is sent.

when i just use the express checkout then i dont get any payment notification.

why oh why

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: email from checkout but not express

I've heard, unofficially, that PayPal has acknowledged this to be a problem, and apparently that they're uploading a fix to their systems tonight.
    Whether that is accurate or not has yet to be confirmed. Their support teams are evidently being very tight-lipped about the matter.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast