Something that I have run into when trying to explain to "customers" about how ZC works and to try to continue to address any perceived visitor issues is how to provide customer feedback in a situation such as this:

Cart is established to not allow over selling (Ie., when we have 1 product available, and the customer selects to provide 2 or more of the item then none of the item is added to the cart) and while not directly related to over selling, some items have attributes that must be entered/selected in order to add the item to the cart.

In the case of the required attributes, I have statements in the text and have tried to provide all sorts of visual (though not overly obnoxious) cues that something needs to be entered; however, when the customer selects add to cart or the similarly named button, all that happens is that the screen refreshes back to the screen that they "left" with no feedback to the customer (such as please select an option from one of the "X" options or perhaps something more specific such as Widget type must be selected).

I've searched through the forum(s), but haven't been lucky enough to find something similar.

Has someone identified either a minor code change/mod, or a plug-in that would provide some sort of user feedback? Or at the very least could someone identify a location where I could capture this "problem" so that I might be able to develop a solution that fits my needs?