I have recently installed and activated Authorize.net. I have been testing with my own credit cards on test items priced at $0.03 and free shipping. My merchant (or it reseller, or is it processor, or whatever) is CAYAN. MasterCard works fine, but I get the following message when I try Discover: "The credit card number starting with 6011 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card." When I try American Distress (I meant Express), I get a similar message - only the four numeric digits are changed to protect the innocent.

I called Authorize.net and was told I am cleared for all four account types on their end, and he said to call CAYAN. I called CAYAN and I am cleared for all four account types on their end as well, and he said to call Authorize.net. When I called Authorize.net again he very graciously called CAYAN while I was on the line, and we conferenced, still with no resolution, so the CAYAN rep has escalated the case. I have a ticket number with CAYAN, but of course the escalators don't work on the weekend, so now I am stuck until next week.

I was also told to contact my web developer to figure out why these two cards blow up, so I am sending this thread to the forum. Does anyone have any idea why I am having this difficulty? If there some ZC setting that I heretofore have not been aware of? There seems to be nothing in the admin settings, so I am flummoxed.

Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Phil