I haven't taken the plunge yet to try to start building a Zen Cart store - I'm just exploring the possibility.

I sell books/media and use a 3rd party listing service to manage my inventory, handle my pricing, link my images, etc. I currently push this information to 7 different e-commerce sites. The service also pulls order information from all these sites and consolidates it in one spot for me.

I'm able to add custom venues to this service, and am able to do FTP uploads of my inventory information (including updates) in a tab-delimited format.

My question for this forum is - does anybody here do anything similar - manage their inventory and order information outside of Zen Cart using FTP transfers? I currently have an eBay store, and the service I use integrates with that. Zen Cart seems to be, on the surface, somewhat similar.

Thanks in advance for your help. I have about 2000 items in inventory, so if I make this leap it will be a big undertaking.

Oh, and if anyone here is using Zen Cart to sell books - I'd love to see your store!