Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com integration - Couple small bugs need addressing

I can say that nothing has changed for me in the MailClass that is being imported.

I can also say that in some instances Stamps.com is somehow importing or changing the package weights to something with 6 to 8 digits.

I thought that the shiprush app using Endicia would be more attractive but it was not as user friendly as Stamps.com implementation of ShipRush.

If there has been a software update, I haven't received any notice and haven't checked in either Stamps or the ShipRush addon.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hey, I added something that will make the tracking number a URL path in the customer's orders comments/status section when they log into their account.

I tested it and it works.

ShippingZZencart.php
    Find (line 168-169):
    Code:
    			//prepare $comments & save it
    			$comments="Shipped on $shipped_on".$Carrier.$Service.", Tracking number $TrackingNumber";
    Replace with:
    Code:
    			$comments="Shipped on $shipped_on".$Carrier.$Service.", Tracking number http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=$TrackingNumber";
    Now if somebody can modify that and make it a clickable hyperlink.
    Last edited by jasmel; 26 Apr 2011 at 08:30 PM.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Mail Class not being imported.

Stamps.com reply is that it is a zencart issue. Contact ZenCart support to get the problems fixed.

I don't think so.

They also confirmed that the latest Stamps.com update introduced a bug causing all "PreSets" to post weights of 6-8 digits (pounds). "We're sorry that we broke all your presets. There is no estimated time for resolution but the remedy is to manually perform the steps that the preset was programmed to do"
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Mail Class not being imported.

Stamps.com reply is that it is a zencart issue. Contact ZenCart support to get the problems fixed.
    I have confirmed that both my Amazon orders and eBay orders are displaying the correct customer selected shipping options in the Stamps.com software. And... like you stated, I have finally confirmed that Zen-Cart is not. (got my first Priority mail since the latest software update)

I wonder what we need to update the USPS rate-names with so that Stamps.com can correctly import them... hmm?
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

I'm saying that the mailclass is correctly shown on the zencart order and incorrect by Stamps.com import.

My feeling is that if Stamps.com is going to customize an interface developed by someone else (ShipRush), they need to use what is given to them, NOT demand that changes be made within Zen to match what they want to see.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

i wonder if this would work... but you have to have ty package tracker installed

Lines 168 - 175 in shippingZZencart.php

$comments="Shipped on $shipped_on".$Carrier.$Service.", Tracking number $TrackingNumber";

if(ZENCART_SHIPPED_STATUS_SET_TO_STATUS_3_DELIVERED==1)
    {
    $db->execute("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . "
    (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments)
    values ('" . $this->MakeSqlSafe($OrderNumber,1) . "', '3', now(), '0', '" . $this->MakeSqlSafe($comments). "')");

Plugin Contributions

Don't have the Ty Package tracker mod.

I did call Stamps.com two days ago and was told that their Tech Support will call me within 24 hours. (which hasn't happened as of yet) but, they were confident that they would be able to tell me what I need to name the rates for the Stamps.com software to pick them up properly. - Well, until they fix it on the next release. *which we were told with the latest release. hmmm....

...not a sound from my iPhone. -Well other than the Words with Friends chimes.

Still like Stamps.com over PayPal's Multi-Order shipping. (which I used for two years)

Plugin Contributions

I have to give up stamps.com for two reasons:
    1. 2-hour delay in importing data from Zen Cart for batch processing. The delay has sigficantly affected our business.

2. Having been waiting for the update of regional priority box for more than a month. I would have saved hundreds dollars in these period if I had used other software

Plugin Contributions

Yep, no regional flat rate option though they will let you order the boxes within their system. I use my USPS account when I use the regional boxes.

The delay is sometimes a pain. Why in the dickens do they insist on checking for new orders for the last 72-96 hours and 24 hours into the future on each check they make for new orders. To me, it seems as though all that is necessary is to check for new orders since the last update.

Latest revison has a bug that causes all my "pre-sets" to crap out.... imports 2345343.34 pounds as the weight or some other 6-8 digit weight. The answer is "we're sorry that our last release introduced this but, the only work around is to manually take care of things"

They keep telling me that not importing the mailclass is not their problem.

Sometimes it makes a person think that their programmers fell off a turnip truck just yesterday.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasmel View Post
    I did call Stamps.com two days ago and was told that their Tech Support will call me within 24 hours. (which hasn't happened as of yet)
    Finally got a call back from Stamps.com! I was instructed to download the Zen-Cart files which were put up on May 10th.

I did so and completed a winmerge. I didn't see anything that was updated other than the version number at the top:
    PHP Code:
    "SHIPPINGZMESSAGES_VERSION","2.0.0.43278 
    from
    PHP Code:
    "SHIPPINGZMESSAGES_VERSION","2.0.0.41590 
    This was the case for all the files:
    - ShippingZClasses.php
    - ShippingZMessages.php
    - ShippingZSettings.php
    - ShippingZZencart.php

hmmm....

***Calling them back now... hopefully I can reach somebody. (crossing fingers) listening to piano music now <insert elevator music>

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast