Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Gifts-Dangling Carrot support

Went ahead and installed the latest version. Merged the files that would have been overwritten. Seems to not error out now but when you click free gifts in admin and then pick a gift from the drop down menu, it sends me to the admin login screen. Anybody know why????

thanks

Plugin Contributions

When the free product is clicked on to the the products description I get this message.

"1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax zen 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 6 in: [select count(*) as total from znc_products p, znc_products_description pd where (p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1518' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'] "

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoxstitch View Post
    When the free product is clicked on to the the products description I get this message.

"1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax zen 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 6 in: [select count(*) as total from znc_products p, znc_products_description pd where (p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1518' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'] "

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    I had changed the php following files but still kept getting sql error message when the free product was clicked on for description.

Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    In order for a disabled (Out of stock) product to display the product info page (linked from the shopping cart) when the product is marked as a carrot, there are changes neede in two files:

/includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars.php
    On row 23 and 58 change
    where p.products_status = '1'

To
    where (p.products_status = '1'
    or p.products_carrot = '1')

/includes/modules/pages/product_info/header_php.php
    On row 21 change
    where p.products_status = '1'

To
    where (p.products_status = '1'
    or p.products_carrot = '1')

That worked for me :)
    I missed the post below. After changing the/includes/classes/shapping_cart.php no more errors!

Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    For me to get it to work with ZC 1.3.9f I had to make a change in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on rwo 1125:

From
    if ( $check_status == 0 ) {

To
    if ( $check_status == 0 && $products->fields['products_carrot']!=1) {

Thanx for a nice mod!
    Works fine now. Thanks so much for posting the fix!
    Take Care,
    Lacy
    www.needleworkfool.com

Plugin Contributions

I had installed the Save for Later Add on and it worked fine after installing Dangling Carrot it no longer works. Is there a way to get these 2 add ons to work together?
    Take Care,
    Lacy
    www.needleworkfool.com

Plugin Contributions

To all having problems, give up and restore your carts (and I mean your test server because you should be doing ALL of this on your local test servers, right??). There are some fairly sizable bugs and I stopped working on this mod due to time restrictions, I do mean to focus some more time to get this working right since the original author abandoned it and is no longer active here. I, too, need to get this working but have had very very very limited time to devote to working out the bugs.

Basically, if you ONLY use a dedicated product WITHOUT attributes for the carrots then this should work. Dedicated meaning you only use it for carrots and nothing else, even if it's the same product as another one in your site you still create(duplicate and not link to a new category) a new product to a new "carrot" (hidden - disabled) category to use as the carrot and give it a new model number. OK?

I will post advancements to the bugs, I have some worked out but will just create a new updated module and incorporate changes from other contributors.
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 6 Jun 2011 at 05:31 AM.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoxstitch View Post
    I had installed the Save for Later Add on and it worked fine after installing Dangling Carrot it no longer works. Is there a way to get these 2 add ons to work together?
    I've had the two working together for a while. But the merges are pretty confusing - it took me a couple of times to get the files working together.

Plugin Contributions

Ok had some issues with the free carrot products showing in advanced search results! this wasnt horrible until a customer decided to hit add to cart and it went in from the listing. so the goal was to stop carrots from showing in search, hopefully this will help someone with the same issue.

in includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_results/header_php.php

around 212 look for

$select_str = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list .
    " m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price,p.products_retail,p.products_quantity, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, p.products_qty_box_status, p.master_categories_id ";

add p.products_carrot

$select_str = "SELECT DISTINCT " . $select_column_list .
    " m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price,p.products_retail,p.products_quantity, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter, p.products_qty_box_status, p.master_categories_id,p.products_carrot ";

around line 252

$where_str = " WHERE (p.products_status = 1
    AND p.products_id = pd.products_id
    AND pd.language_id = :languagesID
    AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id
    AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";

add AND p.products_carrot = 0

$where_str = " WHERE (p.products_status = 1
    AND p.products_carrot = 0
    AND p.products_id = pd.products_id
    AND pd.language_id = :languagesID
    AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id
    AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";

this seemed to work like a champ :)

Plugin Contributions

I have added everything and installed everything correctly, I have gone through and changed everything that said to be changed in the read me file. I cannot for the life of me find out where to change the dollar amount for the customer to be eligible for the free gift. Does anyone know?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    To all having problems, give up and restore your carts (and I mean your test server because you should be doing ALL of this on your local test servers, right??). There are some fairly sizable bugs and I stopped working on this mod due to time restrictions, I do mean to focus some more time to get this working right since the original author abandoned it and is no longer active here. I, too, need to get this working but have had very very very limited time to devote to working out the bugs.

Basically, if you ONLY use a dedicated product WITHOUT attributes for the carrots then this should work. Dedicated meaning you only use it for carrots and nothing else, even if it's the same product as another one in your site you still create(duplicate and not link to a new category) a new product to a new "carrot" (hidden - disabled) category to use as the carrot and give it a new model number. OK?

I will post advancements to the bugs, I have some worked out but will just create a new updated module and incorporate changes from other contributors.
    I installed this mod. Unistalled and replaced my backed up core files that were overwritten and deleted the files that were added. For some reason when a product is added to the shopping cart, the shopping cart shows up as "TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_FOUND". The product is found, I can checkout, I just cannot see the product in my shopping cart. This is very annoying and I would like to get this resolved. If you could help me out that would be great.

Thanks! :)

Plugin Contributions

The requested URL /shop/admin/FILENAME_FREE_GIFTS.php was not found on this server.

I uploaded and reuploaded and still get this error.. I have loaded many amny many addon.s to my cart and I dont know why this is happening.

when I open the adnub/boxes/extrabocxsfre
    free_gifts_catolog_dhml.php

$za_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_CATALOG_CARROT, 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_FREE_GIFTS, '', 'NONSSL'));

I can't find any file called free_gifts.php

please pleaes help.
    it seems everyoine elses working so I missed something.
    thank you
    Noppie
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast