Thread: SSL certificate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL certificate

What i may do then is start with their free shared hosting and £250pa ssl cert.
    I would only pay £250.00 per annum for an EV (Extended Validation) SSL Certificate, and wouldn't pay anything near that for a standard SSL Certificate.

How easy/difficult is it to move a website accross servers?
    That depends on the size of the website and its database and if the two servers use the same control panel. Doing a transfer from one server to another is relatively simple if both use cPanel - because then you can do a cPanel-to-cPanel transfer.

Does the migration cost a lot?
    If you are staying with the same hosting company then they shouldn't charge for moving the site. If you move to a Zen Cart Certified Host then 4 out of the 6 will provide free transfers.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

This post may be "removed" as it touches on an endorsement, but I'm going to say it anyway...

For years we hosted our sites on various hosts (all over the world - because we build sites for people all over the world), but we recently took a decision to host zencart sites ONLY ON CERTIFIED ZENCART hosts.

And I cannot tell you what a difference it makes to work with people who know zencart, who understand eCommerce, and who don't rip you off!

We should have made this decision many years ago.
    Last edited by Kim; 25 Jun 2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Edited to remove the endorsement.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the mention, even though it did (as you predicted it would) get removed. I must admit that I find it more than slightly odd that if anyone mentions a Zen Cart Certified Host by name then that name gets removed but if anyone mentions a non-Zen Cart Certified Host, such as GoDaddy etc., then their name doesn't get removed from posts.

Furthermore, the same moderators removing names of Certified Hosts which get mentioned often then advise people in various threads to go to the Certified Hosts page. Weird or what? Especially so as Certified Hosts kick-back a significant percentage of hosting fees to the Zen Cart project. Doubly weird.

Vger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12