Page 10 of 245 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Thanks countrycharm and conor. I read a post where Dr Byte (I think it was) recommended a sub folder installation as the best way to go, he probably wasn't considering static URI's. As you recommend Conor, I'll go down the sub domain route. I'm a little confused as to what path to give the sub domain's directory.

Am I right in assuming that if I create the sudomain demo.mysite.com I can then use the default root cPanel's gives me, which is /public_html/demo, as the location for my files?

This doesn't seem right as this is the same location as a sub folder would have and I didn't think I wanted that.

Can't believe I'm so confused about this process - normally pretty good at this sort of thing.

cheers

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Thanks countrycharm and conor. I read a post where Dr Byte (I think it was) recommended a sub folder installation as the best way to go, he probably wasn't considering static URI's.
    I didn't realise he'd said that.

Yes, he was clearly not considering sites that want to use static URIs.

As you recommend Conor, I'll go down the sub domain route. I'm a little confused as to what path to give the sub domain's directory.
    It's a much nicer way to work.. it makes moving sites so much easier (e.g. from test to production).

Am I right in assuming that if I create the sudomain demo.mysite.com I can then use the default root cPanel's gives me, which is /public_html/demo, as the location for my files?
    Yes, that's no problem.

This doesn't seem right as this is the same location as a sub folder would have and I didn't think I wanted that.
    It's the same location in the file system but not the same "web-side" location.. the "root" of the demo.mysite.com site will be [FONT=Courier New]/[/FONT] not [FONT=Courier New]/demo[/FONT] and therefore the site's files can simply be moved to your production site's folder when you are ready to "change over".. the web server will serve the files from whichever directory is the base for a particular domain/subdomain independently of how they are positioned for other domains/subdomains on the same server.

All you then have to do is adjust configuration paths to remove the [FONT=Courier New]/demo[/FONT] and things will work instantly.. no need to adjust rewrite rules, URI mappings, image paths, CSS paths.. etc. etc.

I'm sure you can see the advantages! :)

Can't believe I'm so confused about this process - normally pretty good at this sort of thing.
    Hopefully that helps? Everything's a learning process, that's something else under your belt, useful for the future! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Conor, that's great. Thank you for taking the time to make things clear. I can move forward now.

Thanks

Simon

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Ceon URI Mapping 4.0.4 Released!

Hi,

It gives me great pleasure to annouce the availability of a new version of Ceon URI Mapping, v4.0.4.

This version makes it even easier to upgrade from pre-v4 versions and fixes a minor bug which only affects particular server setups.

As with all version 4.x releases, upgrading from a previous 4.x version is simple, taking no time at all, so everyone should upgrade!

From the Revision History:

[ADDED] Installation check extended to check if old files from a previous version of the software remain. It attempts to deletes any files/folder which should have been removed when upgrading. If the attempt at deletion is unsuccessful, it will warn the user about the presence of the old files/folder as they can conflict or even break the new/updated functionality.

[ADDED] Module will now make sure that its configuration group is added to the Zen Cart admin in 1.5.x.

[UPDATED] Styling of config utility interface improved with CSS3 graphical effects.

[UPDATED] Styling of fieldsets updated with code to fix problems with IE's rendering engine.

[BUGFIX] The code to manually build the $PHP_SELF server environment variable had a mistake in it. This could result in the software mistakenly disabling itself on particular server setups.

As always, the new version can be downloaded immediately from the Ceon website.

It has also been submitted to the Zen Cart downloads area and should be available there soon.

Enjoy!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

It gives me great pleasure to annouce the availability of a new version of Ceon URI Mapping, v4.0.4.
    That's perfect timing, thanks Conor

Plugin Contributions

That's perfect timing, thanks Conor
    Cup of coffee and a doughnut on its way

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I installed for the first time ceon, and gives me this error:
    Database table can not be created! The user does not have database privileges CREATE TABLE!
    thanks giancarlo

Plugin Contributions

Conor, I've been using your URI mapper for sometime, and everything has worked perfect until today.

I added a new top level category with two sub-cats.

Now, I get a 403 error, just for those new categories.

All of the previous categories work fine.

When I turn off the CEON mapper, those new categories display correctly, along with all of the other categories.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your hard work. :)

Plugin Contributions

Hello

thanks for cool SEO mod, but there's something I don't know how to solve and I'm seeking for help. I am using ceon_uri_mapping_4.0.3_for_zc.zip with ZC 1.3.8a, with installed news and articles plugin by Dreamscape.

I do not know how to automatically generate seo-friendly urls with CEON mod. There is a new article going out around every second day and the database contains already 150 articles, which requires entering manually 150 entries into the ceo_uri_mappings mysql table.

My site is multilingual and I have to provide distinct URI for each language mutation, including the multilingual (en+cz) news and articles.

At the moment I am using Ultimate SEO URLs, which do not support unique multilingual URLs - there is one URL for both languages, which prevents indexing bots to distinguish between mutations and index secondary language pages.

I'd like to move to CEON URI Mapping, but I have no idea how to effectively add 150+ records for each news/article page.

Many thanks for any hints or ideas.

Plugin Contributions

After upgrading to 4.0.4 from a new install of 4.0.3 that was working perfectly I received this error trying to load the Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Config:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)

The Debug file showes this:

[24-Sep-2011 23:37:21] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/public_html/blank.com/admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/ceon_uri_mapping.php:20) in /home/user/public_html/blank.com/admin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 28

Thanks

Page 10 of 245 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast