Thread: SitemapXML v.2

Page 81 of 214 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SitemapXML v.2

Quote Originally Posted by a_berezin View Post
    I have no idea
    I got dragged over the coals a few weeks back when I made a cutting comment about the "flippant" response I got from Mr Berezin to a similar query with sitemapxml (which I still cannot get to work properly after numerous deletes and re-upload/re-installs) and here is the developer with his latest "assistance" .... "I have no idea" - I think I will use your system Glennfish Thanks for your post, good stuff.

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea
    I got dragged over the coals a few weeks back when I made a cutting comment about the "flippant" response I got from Mr Berezin to a similar query with sitemapxml (which I still cannot get to work properly after numerous deletes and re-upload/re-installs) and here is the developer with his latest "assistance" .... "I have no idea".

I have no doubt Mt Berezin's module works, a number of experienced developers in here have said as much - (I have it partially working but cannot get sitemapindex.xml to work so use robots.txt to tell googlebot to use the other individual sitemaps which I suppose does the same thing except it relies on manual updates) - however the problem is that the installation and configuring lacks detailed explanation and is prone to installation / configuration errors by the uninitiated, and of course we mere mortals lack the intelligence to be able to comprehend practical advice and help, well I think that is the case but haven't had the opportunity to assess that last bit because the developer offers comments like that above or "pay me and I'll fix the module on your site".

I think I will use your system Glennfish Thanks for your post, good stuff.

*** re-posted because I exceeded the 7 minutes edit time allowed - sorry, slow typer (or am I just slow, without qualification?? )

tis a pity - I get so much great assistance and encouragement in other threads in here

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
    I have installed the latest module on my 1.5.0RC1 site. When I try to create/update, I keep getting "Page Not Found" error. How can I fix this problem? I have already checked all the files are uploaded correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I tested only in 1.5.0 Beta. I will check in 1.5.0RC2 and report the results.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    because the developer offers comments like that above or "pay me and I'll fix the module on your site"
    You're blatantly lying - never offered to pay me. I have no business with such people. Not for money, not for free.

Plugin Contributions

You're blatantly lying - never offered to pay me. I have no business with such people. Not for money, not for free.
    Your reply to my query 15 September 2011 - I never offered to pay you - the response indicates that fixing installation problems can be done via a commercial help wanted forum. That post was extremely helpful to me, a user of your mod that had issues, very helpful indeed.

Old 15th September 2011, 07:33 PM #739
    a_berezin
    Totally Zenned

Default Re: How do I get SitemapXML v.2 to work ?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Fee for service cart maintenance is an important part of the ecosystem. When people report bugs in my contribution, I fix them, but when they report installation difficulties, I direct them to the Commercial Help Wanted forum.
    ##############################___
    Good luck,
    Andrew

Plugin Contributions

I currently have SiteMapXML v 2.1.0 30.04.2009
    whats the best way to uprade to the latest version?
    Michelle Wardley
    Fine Artist & Musician

Plugin Contributions

I installed it,but when i creat xml files,it said have error for set LANGUAGES,because i deleted one of all language(chinese) files in include folder.
    So have error when it creat mainpage ,but it can creat sitemapcategories.xml.why?
    And please help me to fix this error.
    Thanks
    My site http://www.gueston.com
    error in
    1054 Unknown column 'SITEMAPXML_HOMEPAGE_ORDERBY' in 'order clause'
    SELECT * FROM languages l WHERE l.languages_id IN (2,1) ORDER BY SITEMAPXML_HOMEPAGE_ORDERBY]
    http://www.gueston.com Gueston wholesale plaza--wholesale cheap brand apparel

Plugin Contributions

Using Zen v1.3.9h. Using sitemap XML v 3.0.3 27.08.2011 13:11.

The module works great. Thanks. One problem, in stores above 300,000 products, the mod seems to stop after generating 6 sitemapproducts files. It will generate 000 through 006.

Is there a setting to generate above six files, 300,000 products. We have several stores with more than 300,000 products.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

I can never understand why threads become clogged with rubbish like the above? Zen Cart is a free script, with a lot of great developers offering their work for free too, work which involves time and effort, thought and patience, these developers also visit the forums on a regular basis (it seems some never leave lol) offering advice on their own mods and also other issues people may have. No doubt in your quest to find the answer you will recognise a few of the usernames in this thread alone.

The developers offer a support thread for reporting bugs in their code and assistance in installing, if however you have additional mods installed, have a custom template or just an alternative quirk in your site for one reason or another which means that a tried and tested module is not working, i do sincerely believe this is nobody else's problem - it's certainly not the developers.

However you will find most developers will happily give up their time (usually for free if it is a common bug or an issue which proves to be useful in the next upgrade of the module) to sort these issues via the support thread - again for free.

Yet despite all of this, when someone who has installed a free copy of Zen Cart, gotten free advice from the supporting forums and installed a free module, on the occasion where a developer doesn't have time to help, cannot replicate the issue or simply does not know the answer... all gratitude goes out the window and the very mention of the commercial forum for additional assistance sends shockwaves.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bonnit View Post
    I can never understand why threads become clogged with rubbish like the above? Zen Cart is a free script, with a lot of great developers offering their work for free too, work which involves time and effort, thought and patience, these developers also visit the forums on a regular basis (it seems some never leave lol) offering advice on their own mods and also other issues people may have. No doubt in your quest to find the answer you will recognise a few of the usernames in this thread alone.

The developers offer a support thread for reporting bugs in their code and assistance in installing, if however you have additional mods installed, have a custom template or just an alternative quirk in your site for one reason or another which means that a tried and tested module is not working, i do sincerely believe this is nobody else's problem - it's certainly not the developers.

However you will find most developers will happily give up their time (usually for free if it is a common bug or an issue which proves to be useful in the next upgrade of the module) to sort these issues via the support thread - again for free.

Yet despite all of this, when someone who has installed a free copy of Zen Cart, gotten free advice from the supporting forums and installed a free module, on the occasion where a developer doesn't have time to help, cannot replicate the issue or simply does not know the answer... all gratitude goes out the window and the very mention of the commercial forum for additional assistance sends shockwaves.

How true, how true this is. If people would be just a little more thankful.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation