Page 21 of 245 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Perhaps I should not worry. If I check here all links are vaild.
    http://validator.w3.org/checklink?ur...h=&check=Check

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I tried this out for you and it's clearly a rubbish service!

You have your base href set, and I see that you have just posted again to confirm that your site does indeed work perfectly well.

In this case it's the above tool that's broken.

HTML Code:
    <base href="http://www.magicwoodshed.com/cart/">
    Nothing to worry about! Enjoy the new URIs! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I have noticed that 70% of my customers that look at my site have the "zenid=qni9qpsv8spes9915q######1r6m6" after their url's (since I upgraded)even after the first page ..
    Should I be concerned about this & Is there any way to help with this.I have searched but not had much help with it as all the threads are rather old that I found

thanks
    Last edited by Andy-C27; 19 Nov 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ATSWorld View Post
    Should I be concerned about this & Is there any way to help with this.I have searched but not had much help with it as all the threads are rather old that I found
    Normally it's only the first page as no cookie will have been set yet.

The zenid is set by Zen Cart, Ceon URI Mapping has nothing to do with it.

Maybe there is something up with the cookie settings on your site?

(Having it does no harm, due to the software's canonical URI support, but it obviously doesn't look as nice, I'd not like to have that happen on our site).

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

I tried this out for you and it's clearly a rubbish service!

You have your base href set, and I see that you have just posted again to confirm that your site does indeed work perfectly well.

In this case it's the above tool that's broken.

HTML Code:
    <base href="http://www.magicwoodshed.com/cart/">
    Nothing to worry about! Enjoy the new URIs! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Yes, it does look ok... but google is caching all the pages without images. i.e. the file in google cache has all the bad links found by the websiteoptimiation tool.

e.g. http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...-effect-plugin

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by articleck View Post
    Yes, it does look ok... but google is caching all the pages without images. i.e. the file in google cache has all the bad links found by the websiteoptimiation tool.

e.g. http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...-effect-plugin
    Searching for your domain name gives a link using URI mapping:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Everything looks perfect.

There's nothing to fix here.

If you're still having issues please start a new thread as I don't think others here would be too interested in the specifics of this site! :)

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Conor, thanks for the most smoothly-installing mod I've ever had to deal with, i'm really looking forward to using it!!!!

Although it's the last step i'm having issues with - the example rewrite conditions of .htaccess

I've installed the 4.0.7 ceon uri mod, on zen cart 1.3.9h

I'm sure this has been answered before, but after hours of looking through threads I can't find the answer.

My cart is installed in the /home/jaimyec/www/bmb/zc2/ folder, my domain points directly to index.php in that folder.

The example rewrite rule part of installation check lists /home/jaimyec/www/bmb/zc2/.htaccess as the place to add the example rewrite lines, but this is the same folder that zen cart is installed.

When I have tried to add the example rewrite lines to my .htaccess file in the zc2 folder, i get an error when trying to access the site.

Should I put the lines in the htaccess of the /home folder and add the rest of the folder structure to each line or how should I work this?

If there's already a post or 2 on this I would appreciate a link... thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by badmonkeybotanicals View Post
    Conor, thanks for the most smoothly-installing mod I've ever had to deal with, i'm really looking forward to using it!!!!
    Thanks for the nice comments, I'm glad you appreciate the effort that went into making the software as smooth to install as possible (although it isn't as easy as I'd like due to the need for the core mods unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by badmonkeybotanicals View Post
    Should I put the lines in the htaccess of the /home folder and add the rest of the folder structure to each line or how should I work this?
    The place it told you is the correct place, it *always* is.. it's quite a smart wee installation checker. ;)

You probably just need to add a slash to the front of index.php or else you have a conflict with some other rule on the site

If changing RewriteRule .* index.php to RewriteRule .* /index.php doesn't work get in contact here with FTP and admin details and I'll take a quick look.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    The place it told you is the correct place, it *always* is.. it's quite a smart wee installation checker. ;)

always? i'm given a directory of "D:/webpages/apo/.htaccess" to place the .htaccess file. according to my webhost, my website is in "D:/webpages/apogee-new" and he had to create an apo directory to install it, but i'm still getting 404 errors. it's been installed in D:/webpages, D:/webpages/apo and D:/webpages/apogee-new with no luck. we're both reading up on what could be going on.

Plugin Contributions

Still unable to get it to work. :/

More details:

Server: IIS using ISAPI_Rewrite
    .htaccess location on server (as per the "Example Rewrite Rule" instructions): /apo
    website location on server: /apogee-new
    website address (testing): http://www.bigd.net/apogee
    ceon uri version: 4.0.7

Problem:

The mapping part of the software works great. I'm upon activation, clicking on a link brings me to the correctly MAPPED page and everything is super easy to use until i want to activate it. At that point, unfortunately, I'm having issues with the rewrite.

An entire morning, a cup of chai and a good hour on the phone with our webhost, i'm still getting 404 errors when/where mapping is enabled. I was getting a "recursive too deep" error on the homepage (http://www.bigd.net/apogee/index.php) but http://www.bigd.net/apogee loads just fine.

We've tried moving the .htaccess to the directory above /apo and /apogee-new, into /apogee-new, and even in the D:/ drive with no luck. it is currently in the /apo directory.

tried adding (and removing again) the slash before apogee/index.php in the last line.

there's obviously something i haven't tried or overlooked, but i'm not seeing it yet. thanks in advance.