Page 40 of 362 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Import adding a ? (question mark) in the v_products_description_1 field

Announcement: Version 4.0.22 now available on github.

https://github.com/chaddro/EasyPopulate-4.0

Added to this update is the ability to add your own User Defined Products Field Names.
    Be sure to click Un-Install EP4 then Install EP4 to load the new configuration variables.

Then go to Configuration > Easy Populate 4
    New option to add your field names. Field names are comma separate with NO spaces. Remember, NO SPACES!

When you return to the Easy Populate 4 screen, you will see your User Defined Products Fields listed with either FALSE or TRUE next to them.
    TRUE means the script was able to verify your field name, FALSE mean you either spelled something wrong, or you have not added that field name
    to your product database.

Character, String and Numeric values will import fine, but be sure you import the correct data for your database types. Also, do not exceed your database field lengths, you will get unpredictable results.

Also note that there is no "cleaning" for character/string data. Be sure your data is correct for your database collation and character set (UTF vs ISSO-8859).

Let me know if you have any issues!

-Chadd

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Import adding a ? (question mark) in the v_products_description_1 field

hi Chad,

thanks for the updated version of EP4!

im glad to hear others in this forum are having good luck with updating mass products, but unfortunately im not

ive done as you asked in the readme files, opened in OpenOffice and under 'seperated by', selected Semicolon and Comma, for 'text delimiter' selected by " (double quotes)

ive updated the current product prices/ quantity and also added afew more products, filled them out as accordingly.

saved the file from open office as a text CSV file format (.csv).

i going into my admin > tools . Easy populate 4

i have Easy Populate 4.0.21 - Beta 6-1-2012, ive changed my temp folder, it allowed me to change it from the configuration (which it has selected on the right side) which is correct.

i browse for my file and i click upload. once finished uploading, the green stripe on the top saying that "my file name" was uploaded correctly.

i go to check the files in my shop and, nothing was changed.

is there any possibility i could send you my file?

kind regards, Oj
    Last edited by oj226; 11 Jun 2012 at 03:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate 4.0 Beta Support

Just a reminded: After you UPLOAD the file you must click on IMPORT to actually put the data into your database. It's a two step process!

Plugin Contributions

Chad,

I just went to github and downloaded, but I don't see the new place for adding custom fields under configuration. In tools it says my version is Easy Populate 4.0.21 - Beta 6-1-2012

I uninstalled before re-installing.

Did I get the correct one? Actually, it looks like the one I just had.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Chad,

I just went to github and downloaded, but I don't see the new place for adding custom fields under configuration. In tools it says my version is Easy Populate 4.0.21 - Beta 6-1-2012

I uninstalled before re-installing.

Did I get the correct one? Actually, it looks like the one I just had.
    You are correct, there is something off. I will check this when I get home as the new 4.0.22 code is not showing on github!

Just... need... a couple... hours! Sorry for the fudge-up!

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

thanks Chad!

abit clueless here haha

not quite sure if this has been covered, but when importing Categories, it needs 'Model field'.

just did it and none of my categories were updated.

since it doesnt update anything, it just stacked the categories into my list, so in other words, my list was doubled.

kind regards,
    Oj

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oj226 View Post
    thanks Chad!

abit clueless here haha
    not quite sure if this has been covered, but when importing Categories, it needs 'Model field'.
    just did it and none of my categories were updated.
    since it doesnt update anything, it just stacked the categories into my list, so in other words, my list was doubled.
    kind regards,
    Oj
    This is covered in the documentation. The v_products_model is required for each product. Not sure what you mean by "my list was doubled" ... Are using the model/category list or Categories (with metatags)? Please read the first page of this thread, a lot covered there also.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Hi Chadd,

Thanks for you support. I have been trying to follow the guideline, but I cannot import the attributes for option names and option values.

Do you have any tips regarding this issue?

Thanks for your help and support.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Hi John,

To use the attribute feature in EP4 you need to first import your products using the Full sheet. You will then create a Attrib-Basic-EP csv file with columns:

v_products_model, v_products_options_type, v_products_options_name_1, v_products_options_values_name_1

Also EOREOR is not required with EP4. And file naming conventions must be followed otherwise the script will not know what to do with the file.
    Check the examples folder for more information in the attribute_types.txt file and a sample basic attribute import csv file.

-Chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnn196703 View Post
    Hi Chadd,
    Thanks for you support. I have been trying to follow the guideline, but I cannot import the attributes for option names and option values.
    Do you have any tips regarding this issue?
    Thanks for your help and support.
    John
    Please try this: Describe in plain English the attribute and attribute values that you want to assign to one product. Note that the product must already exist in your database.

For example: "I have a product widget that I want to assign the attribute Color with values red,green,blue as a dropdown box"

Then your CSV will look like:

v_products_model,v_products_options_type,v_products_options_name_1,v_products_op tions_values_name_1
    "widget","0","Color","red,green,blue"
    hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

I just updated to the latest version listed above, and my product info is no longer being added to my site. The file uploads fine, and then when I click "Import" next to the file it gives me the "File Import Completed" message, but no products are added to my catalog. Any idea what would cause this?

The only major change I made recently was the installation of my SSL.

--EDIT--
    I'm an idiot. It had to do with the file name of the CSV file. I removed the spaces and the & and it now works.

A separate issue... I have Product Category ! and 2 filled out for a few products that should be listed in a subcategory, but all of those products are just getting lumped into the primary category. Any idea what might fix that?
    Last edited by hockey2112; 13 Jun 2012 at 06:14 PM.