Page 172 of 226 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Yes, the 'ozpost' folder get created in your /cache/ folder during the installation/upgrade. It gets deleted after a successful install/upgrade.

If errors occur this folder and its contents remain intact (and can be used for further troubleshooting, or possibly even a manual copy to their intended destinations).
    Well there is no ozpost folder under my cache folder. So maybe I get to Stage#2 but miss Stage#1.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robbie269 View Post
    Well there is no ozpost folder under my cache folder. So maybe I get to Stage#2 but miss Stage#1.
    OR, it could mean the the upgade was succesful, in which case we're barking up the wrong tree.

The install/upgrade and the re-install process will both provide information on completion. This will either be error message(s) or a successful completion message.

It is important for me to know which of these you are getting. Or perhaps you are getting neither, which means the problem is more serious than I am imagining.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

No I definetly get the successful completion messages:
    Warning Ozpost module upgrade available V3.3.1
    Success $Id: ozpost.php,v3.3.1 17th June 2012
    Success Bugfix : Fixed problem of sending FastWay requests even when disabled.
    Success Updated : installation code. (no longer uses fopen).
    Success Updated : installation code. (Now makes a _restore file before making any changes)
    Success Updated : Click N send file handling (no longer uses fopen, which was oten dissabled on the server)
    Success Improved: caching mechanism (faster response times)
    Success Added : tests to not modify premodified files
    Success Added : tests for most likely weight factor to be used based on existing store products
    Success Added : code to modify the english languages files to reflect chosen weight format
    Success The ozpost shipping module has been updated. Please check your settings.
    Success Your previously installed module has been saved as ozpost330
    Success The ozpost database has been updated. Please CHECK YOUR SETTINGS.

Plugin Contributions

No I definetly get the successful completion messages:
    Ok, now lets go back to square#1. Exactly what do you mean by "I still have the problem with the product.php_restore file etc".

I really have no idea what "THE problem" is?

Taking the '/english/product.php' file for example, after a *successful* install/upgrade you will/should have two near identical files in the /english/ folder.
    The updated /english/product.php file and the original zencart file, which is now called /product.php_restore.

Are one or the other of these files missing? (which one?)

If both exist, do they both contain data, or is one of them just an empty file?

Cheers
    Rod.

Plugin Contributions

After the update there is only the product.php_restore file. No product.php. The same for all 3 files.

Plugin Contributions

After the update there is only the product.php_restore file. No product.php. The same for all 3 files.
    I've just uploaded a new version to the ozpost update servers (V3.3.2). This may not fix your problem, but it should provide a bit more information as to what is going astray (I hope).

Please let me know your results.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Did the update 3.3.2.
    Products in admin blank
    No quotes on website.
    Removed and re-installed ozpost in admin as you told me previously.
    Now have quotes on website and product details in admin.
    Got the following error when I re-installed:
    Warning Notice: The original file (/home/ani48156/public_html/store/---/includes/languages/english/product.php) file has already been modified and will not be updated. Please restore this file with the original zencart file to allow a clean install of this module
    Warning Notice: The original file (/home/ani48156/public_html/store/---/includes/modules/update_product.php) file has already been modified and will not be updated. Please restore this file with the original zencart file to allow a clean install of this module
    Warning Notice: The original file (/home/ani48156/public_html/store/---/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php) file has already been modified and will not be updated. Please restore this file with the original zencart file to allow a clean install of this module
    Warning Ozpost Shipping module Installation/Upgrade successful.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Did the update 3.3.2.
    Products in admin blank
    No quotes on website.
    Removed and re-installed ozpost in admin as you told me previously.
    Now have quotes on website and product details in admin.
    Great to know it's working. Not so great that it still needs another 'kick' to get it started.

Got the following error when I re-installed:
    Warning Ozpost Shipping module Installation/Upgrade successful.
    Oooer, a warning of success. LOL.

Hope this helps.
    All information helps. It tells me what the problem was, but it doesn't quite explain why it got fixed. ... Or maybe it does.

This particular error message is from an 'error' that I expected during an upgrade (it wouldn't occur on a new installation), and simply put, isn't an error at all. The module is supposed to create a copy of the file anyway (without modifiying it), so that it for the rest of the code it gets treated the same way as the other ozpost files. I'm guessing that if I hide these error messages again the problem will return.

Assuming you now have the files that you are supposed to have (a modified copy and a _restore copy of each of these) this particular warning/error can be safely ignored.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Assuming you now have the files that you are supposed to have (a modified copy and a _restore copy of each of these) this particular warning/error can be safely ignored.
    Just to confirm, yes I do have a modified copy and a _restore copy of each file.

Plugin Contributions

Rod
    I've just received a note from a would be customer claiming that my site isn't offering any shipping options. On trying it with my own test account I'm now getting this message at stage 1 of the checkout:
    Not Available At This Time

Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    I'm at a loss to know where this change in behaviour has come from as I spend very little time maintaining the site these days.

When I visited the admin side Ozpost updated itself to v3.3.2 but this issue persists. Can you advise if this notice is part of Ozpost or should I be looking elsewhere to resolve it?