Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Thanks Retched - sorry if my post was a bit pointed.

Where can I find a mud map that shows how this add-on works? Something like; I have site with products - Joe wants to sell my products as an affiliate >>>>> Then how does Snap work after Joe has applied and I approve him - what is the process thereafter? do I make a banner for him and he puts it on his site or do I send him images of product that have the tracking cooking embedded - ??

I have no doubts about being able to handle the program once loaded but I have no idea how it is meant to work in the first place

cheers,
    Mike
    This is a rough idea of how the program works, there's three people involved: Store Owner (assumingly you), Other owner (the "Affiliate"), and the refer-ee (err... the person who the other owner will send to your site)

- The Other Owner visits your store and sees that you have an affiliate program and wishes to apply. They will make a store account like a normal customer would but when finished, they will complete the sign up process. (Currently it's just a checkbox agreeing to the terms and conditions and the submission of their website for review).

- You, the store owner, will receive an email notification saying that the Other Owner has applied for your affiliate program. It will provide you with the details as provided in their application. (Their mailing address linked with the account as well as the website address.) You can approve or deny the request there. (Denying the application deletes the application and sends an email to the applicant that it was denied. Accepting the application provides them with an acceptance email.)

- The Store owner can (and should) provide banners for the affiliates to use. When the affiliate is ready, they will come back to the special affiliates control panel on the front side of the site and get the HTML code needed for such. Inside the HTML code is a <a> tag which will contain their affiliates ID to ensure they are credited.

- The Other Owner then takes these banners or any other special links you provide and will place it on their own website to provide their visitors. When one of the Other Owner's visitors clicks on such a banner or link, a special (non-invasive) tracking cookie is stored in their browser. While that cookie is in the browser's storage, any orders made within the life of the cookie (currently 30 days with the option to increase this coming soon) will be credited to that affiliate.

- At least once a month, you the website owner will go through and check each affiliate for a pending balance and will see what orders they were not paid for. You will select these orders and mark them as paid. This will send a notification email to the affiliate saying a payment is pending. (You will be responsible for initiating the payment through outside means, like paypal or writing a check).

And this cycle continues.

Now currently, you can only offer a set percentage for ALL items in the store. I'm looking into the possibility of allowing for custom rates for different categories and products but that's down the line.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Would love to see this working in 1.5

Plugin Contributions

I can't get the http://www.mysite.com/referrer_signup.html to come up.

on ZENcart 1.3.9 ,I am able to install but I can not get to the referrer_signup page

Plugin Contributions

Got the module installed and displaying properly in ZC 1.5, however the referrer link (once a user signs up for an account and generates a link) leads to a 404 error page. It keeps referencing the website with only an "&referrer=xxxx" code at the end of the URL. Should there be something more so that when someone clicks on this link it leads to my homepage but references the referrers number?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm working with V1.5.0 I intalled the files (one by one, had to merge content) I had a syntax error when I added the code to /includes/aplication_top.php so emoved that code. Also not sure what to do with the zip folder in the main folder that's named get_paid_page_1.0

Any tips to fully install this for 1.5.0 would be great.

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently using version 1.5.0, and I've been eagerly awaiting for the updated addon for a while, now. Is there any news on the progress of this affiliate addon?

Plugin Contributions

I have set up this module successfully ,,, but the most lacking feature is that ,,, the orders which are not confirmed yet .. how can we control the comissions made on them ? Like the one who uses manual payments like bank transfers or western union/MG what will they do ?

Plugin Contributions

Also ANXIOUSLY awaiting a 1.5.0 version of this module. I want it! I want it! I NEED IT!

Plugin Contributions

I also am interested in an update to the progress of updating this module for v1.5. Any information would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I am also looking for an update to v1.5; please create this!

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast