Thread: Snaf

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SNAF

Just to put my 10 cents worth in. It doesn't matter guys!

This is a thread about SNAF. Not so much about zip technology. We are in a 'community' and if members wish to be part of that community and take actions to help others then that should be applauded. In this case it seems that that is pretty much the case. I don't take it as any criticism that someone wants to provide an alternate version of the module. In fact, I applaud it. If it helps even one person then that is great :-) If it makes my life a little bit easier, which it does, then that is great too.

The thing about system specific issues is that they are really hard to deal with. ( As I have proved We have all experienced that in lots of forms. The benefit of an active forum is that people are likely to find others who experience the same issues as themselves. Even if the problems are due to local system variables.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: SNAF Include Salemaker Items in Specials Listing

Hi and thank you again niccol for this awesome plug-in.

Quick question regarding: Include Salemaker Items in Specials Listing.
    I currently have a sale running using salemaker. None of the items show up under the specials listing, when I have "Show Specials" enabled.
    I hadn't manually added any products to Specials. ( I do have "Include Salemaker Items in Specials Listing" set to true).

When I do add just one product to specials, via, Catalog: Specials, (trying to trigger the salemaker items to show), only that one product that I entered manually shows as a "Special" product, none of my "Salemaker" products appear.

Am I missing a setting somewhere else along the way?

Thanks in advance,
    Kathleen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SNAF Include Salemaker Items in Specials Listing

I forgot to add, I am using the Sheffield Blue template downloaded from the Plug-ins section which includes tabbed home page modules.

The other issue I am finding:
    When I manually add special items and have Include Salemaker Items in Specials Listing enabled, I get the following warning on the specials page: "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again", and the page is blank below the warnng.

If I set "Include Salemaker Items in Specials Listing" to false, the items I manually entered show up again.

I am sure it has something to do with the template and how it interacts with SNAF, but I am far from a coder, and need direction as to where to look for the issue.

Thanks again,
    Kathleen

Plugin Contributions

@kathleen

yes, it does sound like a template issue. when you get that error do you get any logs in the cache folder ( or the logs folder if you are using 1.5.1 ) ?

If so can you post one of them and that might let me know what is going on.

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Here is the "Debug Log" from yesterday when I was having the issue.
    I have starred out my "sensitive" information LOL

Code:
    01-Jan-2013 19:54:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30' at line 1 :: select count(*) as total  FROM sensations_products p                          LEFT JOIN sensations_specials s ON (s.products_id = p.products_id)                          LEFT JOIN sensations_products_description pd ON (pd.products_id = p.products_id)                          WHERE p.products_status = '1'                            AND ( (s.status = 1 AND p.products_id = s.products_id) OR (p.master_categories_id IN (,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,50,51,52,53,54,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,110,111)) )                            AND p.products_id = pd.products_id                            AND pd.language_id = 1                            in /****/************/bewitching********.com/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120
    /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120 =
    PHP Code:
    trigger_error($this->error_number ':' $this->error_text ' :: ' $this->zf_sqlE_USER_ERROR); 

I can message you the SQL file from the Sheffield Blue template if that would help.

Thanks again niccol!
    Kathleen

Plugin Contributions

OK. Well there is an error there and I am not sure why. ( Other than my error obviously :-) )

We need to look at includes/modules/pages/specials/main_template_vars.php

About line 52 you should find this:

Code:
    	$sale_categories_all = substr($sale_categories_all, 1); // remove preceeding comma
    First of all just comment out that line and see what you get.

I am guessing that this is a live site so I can't ask you to print stuff to the screen?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Snaf

I installed this on my test server and everything works great, however i do not get the optional sort by box on the categories pages. I verified all files were there, re-installed, and verified switches were set to true in product listing. I am able to switch between rows and columns. Am I missing something in the configuration or do I have a file issue? I did check the read me to verify the settings were turned on in admin-> configuration. Which file and code enables this to be displayed?
    Any help would be much appreciated as having the ability to sort by price was the main reason for trying this mod. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Could you post a URL. It would be helpful to look at the site.

If not then I'll try and talk you through the fault finding process 'blind'.

Nick

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    Could you post a URL. It would be helpful to look at the site.

If not then I'll try and talk you through the fault finding process 'blind'.

Nick
    Unfortunately, this is only on a local test machine. I have yet to upload to my hosting account. I do not have any errors in my log. The switches in the admin are there, ensured they were set to true per the read me file. The column button does show on the categories page and functions as described.
    I am currently using the cherry zen template, but I don't think this is an issue as I attempted to switch back to the default template with no success. I am using the template overrides.
    Last edited by gameoverbeyond; 16 Jan 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Plugin Contributions

@gameoverbeyond
    Just PMed you.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast