Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute questions

Let me tell you what I want to do and then perhaps someone can tell me if it's possible.

I have an online yarn shop and also design knitting patterns. The patterns are set up as free shipping and I email a pdf to the purchaser. For one of the patterns, I would like to give the customer a choice of purchasing a kit which means it will be yarn to make the pattern in addition to the pattern. The pattern is set up now as a product so I want to add the kit option to it. Because the pattern is a virtual product, I use a large number for the quantity in stock. There will only be a few kits in stock at any given time. Can an attribute be set up with a different amount in inventory? Also, I'm not sure that I am setting this up correctly assuming it can be done because I can't get the attribute to show up on the product/pattern page. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the pattern page:

http://www.whitknits.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1905

I am not good at this sort of thing so I would appreciate simply worded replies. Don't assume that I know much about this. Thanks!

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute questions

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can add a non-virtual attribute to a virtual product. Might make more sense to make the kits separate products and use one of the cross sell plugins to link to them from the pattern product info page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute questions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think you can add a non-virtual attribute to a virtual product. Might make more sense to make the kits separate products and use one of the cross sell plugins to link to them from the pattern product info page.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does make more sense because I know how to do that and I'm having a very hard time with attributes.