Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: An Upscale Boutique Support Thread

I have figured out what was necessary on the Product Listing, but on Product Info (and it all couldn't be done with just the CSS), there is a <br> being generated after the Category Icon which I can not find.

Could you lead me to that?
    Last edited by masterrusty; 7 Jan 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am new to all of this and could use some help please. First I love this template and want to say thank you soo much for creating it and sharing it!

My first question is about the tagline. I want to change the font to edwardian and capitalize the first letter of each word. I have tried the help I found in the forums. I have changed line 22 in includes/languages/english/an_upscale_boutique/header.php but it does not post as i typed it. It is still in all lowercase. Not having any programming skills I don't know how else to modify this.

I also have in the header it says" the shopping cart Shopping Cart". How can i have it just say Shopping Cart?

Also will the rewards plugin work with this template? Do I need to do anything special to use it?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, but thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

-Victoria

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by masterrusty View Post
    I have figured out what was necessary on the Product Listing, but on Product Info (and it all couldn't be done with just the CSS), there is a <br> being generated after the Category Icon which I can not find.

Could you lead me to that?
    I would recommend just using css to close the gap.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Dreams View Post
    Hi,

I am new to all of this and could use some help please. First I love this template and want to say thank you soo much for creating it and sharing it!

My first question is about the tagline. I want to change the font to edwardian and capitalize the first letter of each word. I have tried the help I found in the forums. I have changed line 22 in includes/languages/english/an_upscale_boutique/header.php but it does not post as i typed it. It is still in all lowercase. Not having any programming skills I don't know how else to modify this.

I also have in the header it says" the shopping cart Shopping Cart". How can i have it just say Shopping Cart?

Also will the rewards plugin work with this template? Do I need to do anything special to use it?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, but thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

-Victoria
    Any stable, correctly installed addon/plugin/module will work with the template.

The shopping cart icon is missing, that is why you are seeing the words shopping cart twice. I would recommend re-uploading the includes/templates/an_upscale_boutique/images directory from the template package.

If you want the tagline to show in a different font, you will have to do this using css. If you want capital letters then you need to remove the text-transform:lowercase; from the #tagline in the stylesheet.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Any stable, correctly installed addon/plugin/module will work with the template.

The shopping cart icon is missing, that is why you are seeing the words shopping cart twice. I would recommend re-uploading the includes/templates/an_upscale_boutique/images directory from the template package.

If you want the tagline to show in a different font, you will have to do this using css. If you want capital letters then you need to remove the text-transform:lowercase; from the #tagline in the stylesheet.css file.

Thanks,

Anne
    Thank you for your reply, I only want the first letter of each word capitalized not all of them. Is there something i need to replace " lowercase" with to make this happen?

I did check the stylesheet.css and did not find anything in the tagline area that defines the font to use. Nor how to change the color to black so it will match the rest. I have no idea what css is or how I would use it. I will look again.

I can check the master file to see if the icon is in it first before doing that again. Is it called shopping cart? or is there another name for the image I am looking for.

If I cant accomplish this is there a way to put an image in that spot instead. It might be easier to do that.

Another issue I see is I use firefox, and I use tabs so I can have multiple windows in firefox open. When I look at the tab my store is in, the tab says an upscale boutique a free template, rather than my store name. How do I change it to reflect the webpage they are on? I don't want customers getting confused.

Are there any other support places where I can get help with these issues where someone can explain how to get the results I am looking for?

Thank you for your help and taking the time to respond.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I fixed the firefox tab. Don't know how but I did lol. I re uploaded the include images as per above. I verified that the cart.png is there after re-uploading, but it is still not fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply, I only want the first letter of each word capitalized not all of them. Is there something i need to replace " lowercase" with to make this happen?

I did check the stylesheet.css and did not find anything in the tagline area that defines the font to use. Nor how to change the color to black so it will match the rest. I have no idea what css is or how I would use it. I will look again.

I can check the master file to see if the icon is in it first before doing that again. Is it called shopping cart? or is there another name for the image I am looking for.

If I cant accomplish this is there a way to put an image in that spot instead. It might be easier to do that.

Another issue I see is I use firefox, and I use tabs so I can have multiple windows in firefox open. When I look at the tab my store is in, the tab says an upscale boutique a free template, rather than my store name. How do I change it to reflect the webpage they are on? I don't want customers getting confused.

Are there any other support places where I can get help with these issues where someone can explain how to get the results I am looking for?

Thank you for your help and taking the time to respond.
    If you remove the text transform:lowercase; from the #tagline in stylesheet.css then you just need to capitalize any letters that you want to show as capitals. I would recommend doing a google search for a good beginning css tutorial that will show you how to use various fonts.

If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much. I am using this as a start but in the future would love to get a fully customized design for my store. Can you send me quotes for that too?

My store is beyonddreams.co

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I found the shopping cart problem. In the header file, you had it looking for cart.jpg, when the image file is cart.png. I changed the name in the header file and it is perfect now.

In the style sheet i did change the color of the tagline to 2e2e2e which should make it black, but it is still gray am I missing another line to change it in? I am still working on how to change the font, but i think I may just disable the tagline and redo my logo to include it.

Thank you for all your help.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much. I am using this as a start but in the future would love to get a fully customized design for my store. Can you send me quotes for that too?

My store is beyonddreams.co
    Please email me for any quotes. It is not appropriate to post this on the forum.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast