Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin suddenly super slow, web store randomly slow

Quote Originally Posted by Swingin' Sparrow View Post
    Ok guys,
    I tried to log in a different location, same problem, can't even load the login page to the admin. and had to refresh the page to access web store... so it is definitely not my internet connection. Can it really be the server then,
    Sure it can. We've been saying this was a possibility all along.

if every other website performs normally on my computer, does that exclude a problem with my computer?.
    No, not really. You may have special firewall rules and/or other restrictions associated with any given site.

But then why am I the only one that get problems with the web store when it seems everybody reports it to be fast?
    1) We are all telling you lies
    2) You are going to a different page, or performing some other action than we are.
    3) You may have tried from a different *location* but, but were you using the same computer? (computer issue)
    4) You may have tried from a different location, but were you still using the same ISP (ISP issue. possibly cache related, possibly network related)

This is so frustrating, cos I'm losing business while this problem lasts since I can't promote my webstore if I m not sure there is a problem with it...
    With apologies. If you were serious about running an eCommerce site you wouldn't be using GoDaddy. Not trying to be mean or anything, but there are some (many) folks around here that wouldn't even consider other possibilities until you've eliminated the 'GoDaddy factor' (I'm not one of them, but experience does suggest that this has a higher probability as being the root cause of the problem well above any other possibility).

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Well I contacted the folks at Godaddy, and as you can expect, they too can't see any issue with my zen cart (I knew they would say that) and the server is healthy etc.
    I haven't tried on a different computer. I will go to a friend close by and use their computer and their internet connection. That should help to see where the problem is I hope.
    No, not really. You may have special firewall rules and/or other restrictions associated with any given site.
    How do I check this and what am I supposed to be looking for?
    2) You are going to a different page, or performing some other action than we are.
    Well, I open pages at random, and either they open fast, or then they don't open fast, or don't open at all.

With apologies. If you were serious about running an eCommerce site you wouldn't be using GoDaddy. Not trying to be mean or anything, but there are some (many) folks around here that wouldn't even consider other possibilities until you've eliminated the 'GoDaddy factor' (I'm not one of them, but experience does suggest that this has a higher probability as being the root cause of the problem well above any other possibility).
    No worries, I never rule them out whenI have a problem. I'm dealing with so many things and I'm not an expert, that's why Ive sticked to them, cos I'm used to them, and also I don't know how to tranfer all my info, domains and everything to another host provider. But I will look at it and consider a change, but right now I prefer to try to find the problem and fix it.
    Thanks for the help, I will post again about what I discover...

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys,
    Important dicovery, I went to see my friend and tried to access both my admin and my zen cart on her Mac, so different computer (I have windows XP) and different internet connection... and everything works smoothly, no delay in accessing the login page, no slow down when you click the tabs inthe admin, no problem at all, from what I saw, same thing with the web store, super fast, like it was before on my computer, so I'm the only one with the problem and it's something that only affects my admin and my zen cart, not any other websites... Any idea where to look for a solution then? Something missing somewhere? Suggestions welcome
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys,
    Important dicovery, I went to see my friend and tried to access both my admin and my zen cart on her Mac, so different computer (I have windows XP) and different internet connection... and everything works smoothly, no delay in accessing the login page, no slow down when you click the tabs inthe admin, no problem at all, from what I saw, same thing with the web store, super fast, like it was before on my computer, so I'm the only one with the problem and it's something that only affects my admin and my zen cart, not any other websites... Any idea where to look for a solution then? Something missing somewhere? Suggestions welcome
    Thanks
    This has been answered..............................

if every other website performs normally on my computer, does that exclude a problem with my computer?
    It's looking like what I wrote above is actually looking to be the culprit doesn't it. It's something to do with your computer.

Best solution. Delete XP and install Linux. :)

Next best solution. Do a complete virus and malware check.

If that doesn't fix it you are getting well beyond the support that we provide in these forums. It's not a ZenCart issue.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so it seems it is my computer after all, weird...
    You may have special firewall rules and/or other restrictions associated with any given site.
    So how do I check this?
    Next best solution. Do a complete virus and malware check.
    Any suggestions for good anti virus and malware?

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried a "Flush DNS" ?

(If you are using windows vista, you need to Run this as "Adminiatrator".

Go to All Programs (start menu)

Accessories

Command Prompt

When the DOS window opens, at the cursor, type - ipconfig /flushdns

Hit ENTER key

When cursor flashes again, type - exit

Hit ENTER key

... see if this makes your website load faster.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I'm using windows XP, I tried but it doesn't help, it's still slow or impossible to access the admin login page. I did a scan with norton, and Spybot, but found nothing on my computer...
    I really have no idea what to do and who to ask now...
    Last edited by Swingin' Sparrow; 9 Mar 2013 at 08:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried to PING your server?

Again, in the DOS frame, when the cursor flashes, type - ping YOUR-DOMAIN.COM (no http:// ..... just the DOMAIN)

You can also do a TRACE ROUTE. At the cursor, type - tracert YOUR-DOMAIN.COM

The tracert will go through all the "hops" (relays) - and it could be that the DNS is not resolving properly somewhere on your connection. This is something your ISP may need to look at.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Did you clear your browser CACHE ?

Is your admin area working under SSL ? If so, how is your browser handling SSL ?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried to PING your server?

Again, in the DOS frame, when the cursor flashes, type - ping YOUR-DOMAIN.COM (no http:// ..... just the DOMAIN)

You can also do a TRACE ROUTE. At the cursor, type - tracert YOUR-DOMAIN.COM

The tracert will go through all the "hops" (relays) - and it could be that the DNS is not resolving properly somewhere on your connection. This is something your ISP may need to look at.
    I have done these things today and sent the result of the tracert to my hosting provider.

Did you clear your browser CACHE ?

Is your admin area working under SSL ? If so, how is your browser handling SSL ?
    I did clear the browser cache. As for the admin, how do I know if it's under SSL, and how can I see how my browser is handling SSL?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast