Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by skipwater View Post
    In your admin Configuration->GZip Compression check that it is set to 0 = off.
    Skip, it took me a while to understand that I first had to activate this menu option in admin permissions...

Anyway, no, it was not active, and has never been in the past...

In the meanwhile I'm trying to make some small backwards steps, to double check what made Backup ZC stop behaving correctly...

ABANDONED PROJECT

Plugin Contributions

The type of the files have no bearing on how ZC Backup stores the files.
    Skip,
    I've some more elements to get to a solution:

1. If I try to get the backup done from the ENGLISH version of the admin page, I get a perfectly working file (no corruption)

2. If I try to get the backup done from the ITALIAN version of the admin page, I get the same error as I reported (corrupted file).

This make me confident the error may be caused from the encoding of the pages, which is something I changed recently (as reported on my first post about this problem, some posts earlier...).

ALSO I've got the same error reported earlier (the one which made you think I entered a non present folder in the exclusion list) ONLY with the backup called from the Italian admin page...

BUT this should not happen, due to the fact that the contents of /admin/backup_zconfig.php is the same for both languages...

I double checked the files I translated and I don't think I entered any error... (but might let you see them for your investigation, if needed, just let me know how to...).

Any further idea ?
    ABANDONED PROJECT

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mickymix View Post
    Skip,
    I've some more elements to get to a solution:

1. If I try to get the backup done from the ENGLISH version of the admin page, I get a perfectly working file (no corruption)

2. If I try to get the backup done from the ITALIAN version of the admin page, I get the same error as I reported (corrupted file).

This make me confident the error may be caused from the encoding of the pages, which is something I changed recently (as reported on my first post about this problem, some posts earlier...).

ALSO I've got the same error reported earlier (the one which made you think I entered a non present folder in the exclusion list) ONLY with the backup called from the Italian admin page...

BUT this should not happen, due to the fact that the contents of /admin/backup_zconfig.php is the same for both languages...

I double checked the files I translated and I don't think I entered any error... (but might let you see them for your investigation, if needed, just let me know how to...).

Any further idea ?
    I just down loaded Italian Language Pack (complete) http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=161 and install it.

Of course there is no language file for ZC BackUp so all the upper case strings show. When I run ZC Backup in Italian I do not get a corrupted file like you.

Can you attach the ZC BackUp admin language file so I can test.

You can also try renaming ZC Backup admin language file so zen cart can not see it. Then run ZC Backup with the upper case strings showing and see if it works.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

I just down loaded Italian Language Pack (complete) http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=161 and install it.

Well, I don't think this was pretty necessary, but ok, if you did it, it was nice from you...

Of course there is no language file for ZC BackUp so all the upper case strings show. When I run ZC Backup in Italian I do not get a corrupted file like you.
    This was quite obvious, as Backup ZC WAS WORKING before my modifications to unify collations in within the MySQL DB and connected modifications to the headers as reported HERE:

Code:
    Step 1

Open includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php

Find:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO_8859-1');

And replace with:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.utf8');

Next find:

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

And replace with:

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

Step 2

Open YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english.php

Find:

setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO_8859-1');

And replace with:

setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.utf8');

Next find:

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

And replace with:

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');
    Obviously, having a website which is DOUBLE LANGUAGE (Italian and English), I applied the same modifications to the ITALIAN part too, setting the correct Italian UTF modifications...

Can you attach the ZC BackUp admin language file so I can test.
    Sure, here it is, and if you think the Italian translation can be useful, you might add to your contribution for free...
    Please note that the config might be modified for my needs (memory, excluded folders, etc) and you'll also find a modified English file as there was a typo...
    BackupZC_v107_IT.zip

You can also try renaming ZC Backup admin language file so zen cart can not see it. Then run ZC Backup with the upper case strings showing and see if it works.
    Going to try this right now...

Thank you
    ABANDONED PROJECT

Plugin Contributions

I don't know where the "edit message" but went, but it's not present today on my browser...

Anyway, I've tried renaming my translations to deactivate them, and tried making the backup with UPPER CASE strings, as suggested, but the error is always there, present...

I've also replaced my Italian translation within the /admin folder with the original ENGLISH ones, and the problem is still there...

I've replaced the original /admin/includes/languages/italian.php and the problem is stil there...

ABANDONED PROJECT

Plugin Contributions

It took me took long, so I cannot edit anymore again...

Well, I just went back with both user and admin side of SETLOCALE and CHARSET, but there was no differences...

Skip, are you sure there is nothing related to DB contents which is used by Backup ZC ???
    ABANDONED PROJECT

Plugin Contributions

It took me took long, so I cannot edit anymore again...

Well, I just went back with both user and admin side of SETLOCALE and CHARSET, but there was no differences...

Skip, are you sure there is nothing related to DB contents which is used by Backup ZC ???
    Thanks for the language files I will add them to the next version.

I am going to do some testing with the DB and get back to you.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Did some testing downloaded Convert db2utf8 converted the DB. Added define('CHARSET', 'utf-8'); to english.php/italian.php.
    Then changed all hard coded "iso-8859-1"
    Ran BackUp ZC and did not get a error.

Have you tried 7-Zip to extract the files from the zip file?

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Hi Skip,
    yes, I usually try opening archives with many programs, as I know standards might be "non-standard"...
    So I tried with WinRAR, 7Zip, TotalCMD internal one and sometimes I also try the Windows one (a little bit reckless).
    I've tried looking and the "Convert db2utf8" addon, to see if there are differences, but I would not like to apply it "again" to my live website (and I do not have a production one with the same problems...).
    It would be easier to send you my MySQL DB and english.php/italian.php for investigations, if needed...

BTW: when you say ' than changed all hard coded "iso-8859-1" ', what are you referring to, exactly ? Are there any other places where such coding is present beside "languages.php" in both user and admin side ?
    ABANDONED PROJECT

Plugin Contributions

Hi Skip,
    It would be easier to send you my MySQL DB and english.php/italian.php for investigations, if needed...
    You can PM me a link.

BTW: when you say ' than changed all hard coded "iso-8859-1" ', what are you referring to, exactly ? Are there any other places where such coding is present beside "languages.php" in both user and admin side ?
    I used the attached php grep utility to search for iso-8859-1. Also you will find some in the DB.

Note: Do not leave the php_grep utility on your web server, remove when done.

Skip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast