Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attributes 5.0 Beta (for v1.5.0)

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    But did you go back even further and create two (or four) new options to be added to an attribute? I'm still looking through the forum to find something about this issue. I know I have seen something similar either in this mod or a similar. I had initially installed 1.3.9 then upgraded to 1.5.0, but hadn't installed a stock by attributes add-on until after having 1.5.0 installed. I know I had some early growing pains and even now have to occasionally enter the mysql database to resequence atttributes associated with an item. Depending on what I had done to mess it up.
    I just did. Deleted the existing attributes from the test product, and created wo new ones (Test 1 and Test 2). Added two brand new options to each. But again, they are not there: http://sandyslace.com/index.php?main...oducts_id=1557

Plugin Contributions

But did you go back even further and create two (or four) new options to be added to an attribute? I'm still looking through the forum to find something about this issue. I know I have seen something similar either in this mod or a similar. I had initially installed 1.3.9 then upgraded to 1.5.0, but hadn't installed a stock by attributes add-on until after having 1.5.0 installed. I know I had some early growing pains and even now have to occasionally enter the mysql database to resequence atttributes associated with an item. Depending on what I had done to mess it up.
    Yes - my current test is with two brand new attributes, with two brand new options for each.

Plugin Contributions

So I didn't find the instruction I was thinking about as far as the sequence of adding the things that make up the attribute, but as I seemed to remember around page 20 of this forum, there is some discussion about improvements that were made to get this mod to work in 1.5.1. Check out http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...v1-5-0)/page20 and on. Also might consider adding in a mod that let's you look at global variables when loading a page. It may be that a sql lookup is not feeding the data to the page to be displayed. Around page 22 I think it was is a discussion of downloading files that were "known" to work with 1.5.1. Or hopefully someone else can chime in with a solution or something I have overlooked in asking.
    Re-read pages 20 - 26 with no luck. No one is talking about my exact issue: that ONE option attribute *type* will show, but not TWO.

Plugin Contributions

One of those pages talked about running an upgrade sql from version 1.3.9(some sub rev), I don't know what that sql update does to be able to say if it should or should not be run.

I did remember the app to look at all of your variables supplied to the page is called super globals. It would allow you to see the values of variables being supplied.

Those initial values that default in your selection, where do those come from? Are they some form of default text? I usually create an option that is default but display only which is pulled from one of my option values. I thought I remembered someone commenting about implementing multiple items that way.

Btw, I went ahead and tied some attributes to one of our products. (Doesn't make sense per se, but...). You can see it at http://www.pugsugottasave.org/shop/I...Soap-Stone-Red
    I did not tie the second option of the first attribute to the second option of the second attribute. Also, I'm not sure if I had changed the code to display the number available only for the first attribute or if that is something automatically done. I do know that I coded so that if I have an insane quantity available then not to display the number available. (We don't run in the red on quantities, so had to have a way to have an "unlimited" quantity. )

So I was able to add two attributes with the mod I have installed, but may need to back track to tell exactly which mod I installed to do this. I also don't think that there are enough differences between 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 to break yours.

Plugin Contributions

Seattleannie go back to page 17. I didn't dig into the link, but supposedly there is a mod that is needed to get dropdowns to work in zencart 1.5.1. Also there and around are some other discussions about upgrading from legacy software and others trials and tribulations with this mod. (Fyi, if you didn't already know, this is a tricky mod to program/work with.) Also the reason I'm not sure which mod I used in my cart is that at the time I had downloaded like three different mods,expanded them in my workimg directory, but only installed one of them. I believe it is this mod though, because of the dropdown listing of "products with attributes stock" that is in my admin panel.

Plugin Contributions

Seattleannie go back to page 17. I didn't dig into the link, but supposedly there is a mod that is needed to get dropdowns to work in zencart 1.5.1. Also there and around are some other discussions about upgrading from legacy software and others trials and tribulations with this mod. (Fyi, if you didn't already know, this is a tricky mod to program/work with.) Also the reason I'm not sure which mod I used in my cart is that at the time I had downloaded like three different mods,expanded them in my workimg directory, but only installed one of them. I believe it is this mod though, because of the dropdown listing of "products with attributes stock" that is in my admin panel.
    Do you mean post #170? I don't think that bug fix is for this issue? I think it is for dropdown *styles*? But since it is for 1.5.1, it is worth a try! I will let you know how it goes... Thanks for ALL your time and effort on this! You have been very kind.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seattleannie View Post
    Do you mean post #170? I don't think that bug fix is for this issue? I think it is for dropdown *styles*? But since it is for 1.5.1, it is worth a try! I will let you know how it goes... Thanks for ALL your time and effort on this! You have been very kind.
    Yeah, that was the post I was referring to. So, I decided to try to download the 1.5.0 version of this mod that is in post 1 of this thread, and try to compare the files provided with the files I have installed on my cart. When I got into the includes/classes directory, the downloaded version has five pad_ files that my cart does not. So, unless there is some instruction later on then unfortunately I do not have this exact version installed. There are a lot of other similar files, but I have stopped my download/comparison at this point because of the extreme difference between the two. Now, that said it does seem like several versions of stock by attributes are based off of a single version of the old version of the mod. That may mean that the data sets could be easily transferred/upgraded, but I am not sure, as I started off with a relatively new cart when I finally got around to installing an attributes mod.

Makes me wonder why I went ahead and flagged this forum to follow. I hadn't posted any questions so there must have been some reason, but I don't remember why I did that a year ago. I'm totally not sure why I did. Now I need to figure out what mod I actually do have installed so if something were to go wrong... Well don't want to think about that.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, that was the post I was referring to. So, I decided to try to download the 1.5.0 version of this mod that is in post 1 of this thread, and try to compare the files provided with the files I have installed on my cart. When I got into the includes/classes directory, the downloaded version has five pad_ files that my cart does not. So, unless there is some instruction later on then unfortunately I do not have this exact version installed. There are a lot of other similar files, but I have stopped my download/comparison at this point because of the extreme difference between the two. Now, that said it does seem like several versions of stock by attributes are based off of a single version of the old version of the mod. That may mean that the data sets could be easily transferred/upgraded, but I am not sure, as I started off with a relatively new cart when I finally got around to installing an attributes mod.

Makes me wonder why I went ahead and flagged this forum to follow. I hadn't posted any questions so there must have been some reason, but I don't remember why I did that a year ago. I'm totally not sure why I did. Now I need to figure out what mod I actually do have installed so if something were to go wrong... Well don't want to think about that.
    Wondering if perhaps including dynamic dropdowns might fix your issue. Only thing, is that they say that first should have stock by attributes working first. (It seems that it does for your single attribute, but not for multiple. So is that an indication that it works? Well.... Sort of?) It may be that there is a limitation on the software of having multiple attributes? I'm still puzzled about what I have installed. At one point I started taking good notes, but I've had a number of computer issues for one reason or another and have not worked from a single location, but many so my information from the early days is spread throughout... I do hope that the functionality that you had can be restored. If you find a solution, please be sure to post it here to help any (and it seems that there are many) that are upgrading from such an old version of Zen-Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seattleannie View Post
    Okay, so I looked through the early posts again to see what other links were included. I thought I had remembered specifically installing a creinold version of stock by attributes. Low and behold there were two links to two different posts about it, and the dates line up with when I was considering installing a version of stock by attributes. (Early to mid part of 2012 in preparation for a golf event that we were hosting.) So, I followed the path a little and though there may be more past this link, the "next" link about stock by attributes was: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...81#post1109281

I hope that this works with your existing/backed up database, so that you do not need to reenter your stock. DivaLocals a few posts before that one sums up the issue. There are at least 4 different versions of stock by attributes that people have posted, each with a slightly different capability; however, unfortunately not "triggered" by admin settings.

Maybe it is difficult to include admin settings (I know there is a mod that I would like to do to user tracking that would incorporate at least one admin setting), but being able to turn on or off functionality on the fly is much better than having to go and mod a file everytime something is to be tested. (Ie difference of using ones cell phone versus having to be at a dedicated desktop computer.). Again hopefully because it seems that the versions presented in the above link are supposedly based on the same original code, then hopefully the existing database structure will work with only potential additional fields necessary.

Plugin Contributions

Upon further review, it seems that the pad_ files are associated with dynamic dropdowns. So... I am somewhat surprised at myself (considering how little php and ZenCart work I had done when I implemented this option), but I think I may have removed reference to dynamic dropdowns at the time, or perhaps I hadn't fully implemented it. I'll continue with my comparison to see what is different between what I have installed and what is provided in this forum. If I may ask, (perhaps again) could you provide a link to the version you downloaded? From what I have found Creinold has discontinued development of this mod because the location he was supporting has moved on to something else. He has however provided a link in his signature (click on his name and then look in the signature portion of his profile) to his most recent merge of stock by attributes and dynamic dropdown.

I am still wondering though why in the link you provided several messages back, there was an entry in each of the two drop downs, but it was indicated that the dropdown did not work?! So was there something that was supposed to be in addition to some sort of default text? And how was the default text created if it is default text? (I.e., as I said before, I will typically incorporate a text value as an option value. Then in the attributes controller the text value is assigned as default and for display only. This will prevent the item from being added to the cart unless an alternate option from the dropdown is selected.) I remember someone saying somewhere else that you might run into this type of problem (selections not showing) if the correct "data type" for the selectable attribute is not picked.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast