bug Help - blank page + unreachable

Hi

I am having new problems with my site, when i load it in Explorer it displays a blank page, I have to refresh the page to make it show up, in Google webmaster tools, all pages are "unreachable"...

It is a fairly new problem, there is no errors displayed on the site... I made changed, i went through everything and can't find what is causing the problem, i tried to disable all javascripts, i tried everything...

Can somebody please look at my site and maybe see with fresh eyes what is the problem?

I really can't find what is wrong....

http://www.crystal-energy.com

thanks !
    L.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help - blank page + unreachable

There have been a lot of changes to the main header that could include the problem that's causing you to need to refresh. Try replacing the modified header with the ZC original and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    There have been a lot of changes to the main header that could include the problem that's causing you to need to refresh. Try replacing the modified header with the ZC original and see what happens.
    I tried to replace the /common/html_header.php with Zencart original file and end up with same exact problem: blank page.

The site can't even validate using w3 validation service as it doesn't see anything, it was as if i was trying to validate a blank page....

Line 1, Column 1: end of document in prolog

This error may appear when the validator receives an empty document

Of course the page is not blank !

I am really running out of options....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How about replacing tpl_header.php ?

Actually, what have you changed since before the problem started? That's an important key.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said there's no errors displayed on the site, but you didn't say about errors in the debug logs ... http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hi

When I replace the tpl_header.php with Zencart original file it validates with W3 with a bunch of errors but at least not as a blank page and shows up in IE, BUT for Google webmaster tools the whole site is still unreachable

My log cache is completely empty, i wish it was not, it could help....

Before the problem I had made some modification to the 3 files in the common directory : html_header, tpl_header and tpl_main_page but nothing drastic, mainly design stuff, I never had any problem (until now) submitting to webmaster tools or blank page....

Now, that I can't find what is wrong, I modify mainly the content of the HEAD but I am not even sure it could come from those codes as I didn't touch any....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those 3 files are probably the main key to your issues

yes, it has to be one or all of them but you know, after hours of seeking for errors in the same files over and over, i can barely see my screen....

BTW could you let me know if the site loads first time in your Internet Explorer or if you had to reload the page?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I don't have Internet Explorer

It's also worth looking at your server's Apache error logs (in your hosting control panel) to see what errors it's recording when the site refuses to display or says "unreachable"