Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Add-on Fatal Error Suddenly Appeared

Just a few days ago my site started throwing up blank page during checkout process at Shipping Options.
    Turning off the USPS shipping module for now and the site works fine but not a good long term option.
    Here are the bugs from the logs, just started as of a few days ago after nearly 1 year of working fine, and I made absolutely zero changes in the last several months:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 915

Other errors from same module same logs include:

PHP Warning: simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not found in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 909
    PHP Warning: simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: 27 in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 909
    PHP Warning: simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: ^ in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 909

These bugs started all of a sudden, after working fine for about almost 1 year. Did USPS change something maybe?

Running 1.5.1
    PHP 5
    Linux Server

Thanks for any advice or help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Add-on Fatal Error Suddenly Appeared

OK Learned something new - Before posting I searched for similar threads but couldn't find one but after i posting this thread this website shows a list of similar threads and maybe I found a clue to the problem:

"Zencart's USPS Module changed July 28, 2013"
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ge-on-checkout

If anyone can say for sure this is the problem I'd appreciate it.
    Otherwise I will get around to trying to find and install the new add-on tonight or tomorrow. For now customers must use UPS

Plugin Contributions

I wish now I could delete this thread, because updating the USPS module fixed the problem.
    I didn't know a new module was made available, I guess I will need to pay closer attention. New module is pretty cool, too, finally! incorporating the new flat rate envelopes and boxes which I have been using but not accurately charging for. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Make sure you click the 'Click Here to Subscribe' link in the Zencart Release Announcements thread, and you'll get emails about stuff like the USPS module update.