Default How to configure to ONLY accept paypal and no other credit cards directly?

I have installed the latest edition of zencart and have configured it for my Paypal account, which works perfectly. I want to remove any other option for paying when the customer hits checkout rather than the paypal button. Essentially, I want them to be directed to paypal no matter which route they go. I cannot seem to find anything in the admin panel. I am assuming that it really is as simple as removing the actual option from the php file that calls up the options to be displayed. I am just not sure which file I am looking for.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks
    http://www.anklebiterwoodworks.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to configure to ONLY accept paypal and no other credit cards directly?

Just un-install all other methods

admin > modules > Payment > select any others that are "green" > uninstall
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Default Re: How to configure to ONLY accept paypal and no other credit cards directly?

What I ended up doing was removing the button from the tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file so that the customer only has the option to select paypal. Looks like it will do what I want.

As for what you suggested, I did that and the customer was still taken to the checkout screen where they could enter their credit card info for the site to process as if the site could handle credit cards directly--this is not the case. I can only accept credit cards through payapl.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks

Plugin Contributions

I did that and the customer was still taken to the checkout screen where they could enter their credit card
    What PayPal module do you have installed??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Paypal Payments Pro (USA)
    Paypal Express Checkout
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks

Plugin Contributions

Paypal Payments Pro (USA)

That module is designed to keep customers on your site and collect CC data

If you do not want them entering this information on your site remove it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

That was it! Thank you for the info on that one. I had no idea that Paypal Pro was a separate part that required signing up for. Everything works exactly as I wanted now. Much appreciated!
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks

Plugin Contributions

I also wish to no longer accept credit cards (I want only PayPal payments). My shopping cart checkout has 2 twisties (expandable triangle), The first Twisty is the PayPal payment area, I wish to keep this. The second Twisty has 3 tabs in it - one of which is the enter Visa/MasterCard etc information. I wish to delete the entire second Twisty. the thread below states to remove the button from tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file QUESTION - how/where in my Zencart Admin do I get to that .php file?

Plugin Contributions

What's the purpose to deny the credit card if that is on PayPal and not you?

People like the choice of PayPal or credit card via PayPal and that makes more sales for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

There are those of us who are not equipped to offer direct processing of credit cards and the Paypal Pro service is such a service. Like me, pokermagicaceball only wants to use the paypal service to process credit cards and not have that done within the site itself.
    Scott
    AnkleBiter Woodworks