Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dover Fine Responsive Template

Last test I manually recreated the layout_controller.php file and the problem was SOLVED!!!

BTW the mobile demo page still shows up the logo as an elongated ellipse!!! No talking about mine! Your demo in Safari on my iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 ...

Don't know if the newer ver 7.x gaves the same result, I will check the css to see if I can spot those problems.
    The problems that you are experiencing are atypical. It leads me to believe that there is something wrong with your zen cart install or with the template package files that you are uploading.

Thanks,

Anne
    FYI it was a vanilla ZC installation, nothing on it, really installed over a wiped out database, I unzipped it directly, so something really weird happened, I am a computer engineer, I am really careful with what I upload and check several times to make sure I have all files, the first thing I do is to check and test over vanilla installations, to see if something weird happens, so no chance the code was altered, as ZC v153 was not tested on my PHP version, I tend to think it might be affecting something, I checked the logs and nothing abnormal was in there, permissions were all fine for a Linux server. The fact that my modified file works and yours doesn't, makes me think there might be a slight difference that was not spotted because it was tested in a different server environment. the error persisted in a freshly unzipped layout_controller.php file, I noticed only a few changes to the database and tables, that worked fine once I manually copy them ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Last test I manually recreated the layout_controller.php file and the problem was SOLVED!!!

BTW the mobile demo page still shows up the logo as an elongated ellipse!!! No talking about mine! Your demo in Safari on my iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 ...

Don't know if the newer ver 7.x gaves the same result, I will check the css to see if I can spot those problems.

FYI it was a vanilla ZC installation, nothing on it, really installed over a wiped out database, I unzipped it directly, so something really weird happened, I am a computer engineer, I am really careful with what I upload and check several times to make sure I have all files, the first thing I do is to check and test over vanilla installations, to see if something weird happens, so no chance the code was altered, as ZC v153 was not tested on my PHP version, I tend to think it might be affecting something, I checked the logs and nothing abnormal was in there, permissions were all fine for a Linux server. The fact that my modified file works and yours doesn't, makes me think there might be a slight difference that was not spotted because it was tested in a different server environment. the error persisted in a freshly unzipped layout_controller.php file, I noticed only a few changes to the database and tables, that worked fine once I manually copy them ...
    I am happy that you finally figured it out ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am happy that you finally figured it out ;)

Thanks,

Anne
    Thanks however I am now checking the mobile.css, to see if I can fix the elongated logo .... hmmm really weird but I tried to change the div height from auto to a fixed pixel size and didn't work ...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks however I am now checking the mobile.css, to see if I can fix the elongated logo .... hmmm really weird but I tried to change the div height from auto to a fixed pixel size and didn't work ...
    Still clueless about how to fix this >>>
    A screenshot from Dreamweaver's CS6 live mode, which shows exactly what happens with my iPhone 4 ...
    Name:  OS_Scentialogoproblem.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  45.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

Still clueless about how to fix this >>>
    A screenshot from Dreamweaver's CS6 live mode, which shows exactly what happens with my iPhone 4 ...
    Name:  OS_Scentialogoproblem.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  45.4 KB
    What is the link to your site?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I need some assistance please.

I am using zencart V 1.5.3. I have just installed the shopping cart and then added the Dover Fine template.

My site is in maintance mode at the moment as i am trying to replace the 'dover fine' logo.png with my own logo.

I have created a logo that is 200 x 200 pxl and called it logo.png.

Now, when i goto includes/templates/dover_fine/images/ i deleted the original logo.png file and refreshed the viewer.
    Then i upload my logo.png file to the same location.

I then goto my site to refresh it.... even after refreshing the site i am still getting the orginal dover fine logo even though that has already been deleted.
    I have tried deleting from my FTP as well as from my server cpanel.... but it makes no difference as i am getting the same results.

Any clues on how i can fix this situation....???

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amebb View Post
    Hi

I need some assistance please.

I am using zencart V 1.5.3. I have just installed the shopping cart and then added the Dover Fine template.

My site is in maintance mode at the moment as i am trying to replace the 'dover fine' logo.png with my own logo.

I have created a logo that is 200 x 200 pxl and called it logo.png.

Now, when i goto includes/templates/dover_fine/images/ i deleted the original logo.png file and refreshed the viewer.
    Then i upload my logo.png file to the same location.

I then goto my site to refresh it.... even after refreshing the site i am still getting the orginal dover fine logo even though that has already been deleted.
    I have tried deleting from my FTP as well as from my server cpanel.... but it makes no difference as i am getting the same results.

Any clues on how i can fix this situation....???

Thanks
    My guess is that you have not really deleted the original file or that you are not really overwriting the file when you upload your logo. The template logo image is:

includes/templates/dover_fine/images/logo.png

Changing this image should do the trick.

Try clearing your cache and cookies in your browser.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

I have cleared the cache and browsing history etc.

I am using IE 11 on Windows 7.

I am just checking to see if i have made any errors during teh installation etc .

thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have checked the logo.png file. It has been installed correctly. If i remove the logo.png file then the site will not show any image at all - image missing etc.

When i upload my logo.png file i still get the dover fine logo and not my logo.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I figured the problem out.

The file that i deleted was logo.png. After i cleared the cache i then uploaded my logo.png file.

For some reason it would not let me display my logo, instead i had your logo on there.

The solution was simple.

I needed to rename my logo.png file to (example) logo123.png

Then i also had to change the file name in the header file too.... (includes/languages/english/dover_fine/header.php )

After doing this and clearing the cache i refreshed my site and guess what - it was working !

Thanks for your help......

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast