Thread: Westminster New

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by sydmich View Post
    The homepage ads do not appear/display when the define main page is updated using CKEditor (similar to post 155 in this thread). The page does not break when using the plain text editor but this editor is not user friendly to update the define pages with. Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?
    The define_main_page.php has php code so it must be edited with a plain text editor.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I'm a little late to the party, so please forgive if this has already been answered, though I could not find it in a search...

The carousel is not displaying in Safari and Firefox, but does in Chrome.... Can't figure that one out... The Developer inspector sees the code but there's nothing there...

Plugin Contributions

To add: Might be my system... My iPhone browsers are all able to see the boxes (these are the ones in the banner area called "homead")... But I still can't figure out why Chrome still works and Safari and Firefox don't...

Anybody got any ideas?...

Plugin Contributions

It's probably difficult for anyone to comment without being able to see the issue in realtime by using a link to your site.

I had an occasional issue related to that area due to "Mixed content" http and https
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Actually I think I solved it, but I'd like to ask some of you if you can confirm it...

Picaflor's site for the Westminster demo is http://www.zenlyzen.com/responsive-z...estminster_new

IF YOU HAVE ADBLOCK: Try turning it off and on and see if you can see the three boxes under the slide, with the girl, bracelets and beads, or if they disappear after you refresh the browser... This appears to be the issue on my system using Firefox and Safari; also just installed it on Chrome and got the same result.

So as far as I can tell, it's Adblock that's causing the problem, unless someone can tell me differently...

My system: iMac 2010, i3. 3.2, 14GB, 10.9.4

Plugin Contributions

I just looked at my test install vs production install.

Test install has HomeTop banner on SSL setting is NO
    Prod install was changed to HomeTop banner on SSL setting to YES

It took a while for me to realize that the HomeTop was randomly only showing whitespace and changing that setting solved the issue.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chowardart View Post
    Actually I think I solved it, but I'd like to ask some of you if you can confirm it...

Picaflor's site for the Westminster demo is http://www.zenlyzen.com/responsive-z...estminster_new

IF YOU HAVE ADBLOCK: Try turning it off and on and see if you can see the three boxes under the slide, with the girl, bracelets and beads, or if they disappear after you refresh the browser... This appears to be the issue on my system using Firefox and Safari; also just installed it on Chrome and got the same result.

So as far as I can tell, it's Adblock that's causing the problem, unless someone can tell me differently...

My system: iMac 2010, i3. 3.2, 14GB, 10.9.4
    Well spotted. I can confirm that it is Adblock (Adblock Plus in my case) causing the issue.

It seems that there are a number of filters being applied. This first one is the image file name of ad1, ad2, ad3 - change the 'ad' part, of all three images, to something else and you should get at least the first image to show.

There seems to be another filter preventing images 2 & 3 from showing, I've no idea at the moment what that might be but possibly something in the template code.

I'll investigate further unless anyone has the solution to hand.

Plugin Contributions

Ok,

Adblock Plus uses, out of the box, EasyList filters, at this url

https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist.txt

'ad-right' is one of the no-no's

So in stylesheet.css replace the 'ad' part of .ad-right {} to something not on this list.

Likewise in \includes\languages\english\html_includes\YOUR_TEMPLATE\define_main_page.php change the two instances of 'ad-right' to the new name used in the stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way for the carousel to display New Products instead of featured?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chowardart View Post
    To add: Might be my system... My iPhone browsers are all able to see the boxes (these are the ones in the banner area called "homead")... But I still can't figure out why Chrome still works and Safari and Firefox don't...

Anybody got any ideas?...
    I haven't had anyone else report this problem. Maybe you have ads blocked on the device or browser?

Thanks,

Anne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast