Thread: Westminster New

Page 117 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by robbin21973 View Post
    I also have one other issue that maybe you can shed light on. I have customers having problems loggin in. They create an account only to be told their email already exists (it doesn't) then they request a password only to be told that their email is not associated with an account. I have noticed when looking at who is online, those that stop the process are usually at this point:

https://www.polishpotterystore .com/sale/ajax.php?act=ajaxPayment&method=setNoscriptCookie

I have not seen this before, but what does this mean? I'm not sure where to look to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.
    Are there any LOGFILES generated as a result? You may need to enable error logging within your payment module.
    There is a file related to ajax and credit card processing which was introduced in ZC1.5.4
    Have you asked your credit card processor who provided the files to you if the file is applicable to ZC1.5.4?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

The problem seems to happen when customers try to create an account. Some have, others are running into this problem and the only thing I've noticed that is the same is the point at which they give up (which is the link posted above)

Plugin Contributions

So, there are no logfiles generated for those who have problems? & you cannot reproduce it? That's tough to troubleshoot.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I also have one other issue that maybe you can shed light on. I have customers having problems loggin in. They create an account only to be told their email already exists (it doesn't) then they request a password only to be told that their email is not associated with an account. I have noticed when looking at who is online, those that stop the process are usually at this point:

https://www.polishpotterystore .com/sale/ajax.php?act=ajaxPayment&method=setNoscriptCookie

I have not seen this before, but what does this mean? I'm not sure where to look to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.
    This is not a template problem. If you switch back to the classic template is the problem still there? If it is not, it is possible that you have plugins installed in your old template that have template override files that you have not copied over to the new template override folder.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I am working on this template (which I like very much) but I need some help on a few things that I cannot seem to figure out on my own. I apologize if there are too many items here, I thought it might be better than trying to chase down multiple subjects in this thread. This is a new installation 1.5.4 and the only thing I have added is a credit card module from my merchant account. My store site is polishpotterystore .com/sale .Thank you in advance for your help.

1. The optional text in the center of the main page, above the three images... how do I center that?

2. When you hover over each of the three images there is text, how do I change this? (I.E. Fine Jewelry, Great tops... etc) Additionally how do I change the button text that is also there from shop now to .... something else. I have used the developers tool kit trying to locate this and nothing comes up except for one admin file which I am pretty sure I don't want to mess with.

3. How do I change the social media icons in the footer. Since they don't appear to be images that I can simply replace, I'm not sure how to do this.

4. This is the biggest one for me. I want to change the tabs on top. I would like to remove some things like USEFUL LINKS and change the associated links (not the categories). I know these are generally controlled by EZPages but in my admin there are no EZ pages set up. I have seen in other places where this is in the read me file but for the life of me I have read through that four times and it's not there. Only how to adjust the footer.
    If you read the readme.html file, most of your questions will be answered.

1. you can use css to center any text on the site

4. edit the includes/templates/override/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file

Btw, you should always read through the thread before posting your questions. It is likely (as with your questions) that they have been asked and answered already.

I don't mind helping out when you get really stuck on something, but I do ask that you do some legwork to find the answers before posting ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

This is not a template problem. If you switch back to the classic template is the problem still there? If it is not, it is possible that you have plugins installed in your old template that have template override files that you have not copied over to the new template override folder.

Thanks,

Anne
    Thank you for your time! This however is a new installation in a new directory. The old site would not be a factor. I went straight to your theme when I installed zen cart. I did however add the payment module for my credit card processor but I'm not sure about the process of file over rides.

Plugin Contributions

I have noticed when looking at who is online, those that stop the process are usually at this point:

Don't forget your SSL cert expires soon & to renew it to the latest technology.

Does this thread help?

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....store-does-NOT
    Last edited by RixStix; 15 Sep 2015 at 04:28 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

If you read the readme.html file, most of your questions will be answered.

1. you can use css to center any text on the site

4. edit the includes/templates/override/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file

Btw, you should always read through the thread before posting your questions. It is likely (as with your questions) that they have been asked and answered already.

I don't mind helping out when you get really stuck on something, but I do ask that you do some legwork to find the answers before posting ;)

Thanks,

Anne
    I have in fact gone through this thread, searched the internet and looked that read me file over at least four times. I ask these things not because I'm lazy but because I genuinely am having difficulty finding the answers. For example, this link you gave me, does not exist.

includes/templates/override/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file

When I search using the developer's toolkit (using the term USEFUL LINKS) the only return is as follows:
    includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/westminster_new/westminster_new_defines.php

So when I then go to this file, in part it has this but exactly what I should do with it is not clear. How do I add or delete things to the useful links? How do I edit the links associated with General info? This information is not in the read me file and there are no EZ pages in my admin ready to edit. This is what I need help with please.

/*home page ads*/
    define('SHOP_NOW','Shop Now!');

/*bof information definitions*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_INFORMATION','Information');
    define('TITLE_EZ_PAGES','Useful Links');
    define('TITLE_GENERAL','General Info');
    define('TITLE_CUSTOMERS','Customers');
    define('TITLE_NEWSLETTERS','Newsletters');

/*bof customer service*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOMER_SERVICE','Customer Service');

Plugin Contributions

So, there are no logfiles generated for those who have problems? & you cannot reproduce it? That's tough to troubleshoot.
    This is the typical error log.

[12-Sep-2015 17:11:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1109:Unknown table 'p' in field list :: select count(p.products_id) as total ==> (as called by) /data/p/polishpo/polishpotterystore.com/public_html/sale/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 87 <== in /data/p/polishpo/polishpotterystore.com/public_html/sale/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Plugin Contributions

I have in fact gone through this thread, searched the internet and looked that read me file over at least four times. I ask these things not because I'm lazy but because I genuinely am having difficulty finding the answers. For example, this link you gave me, does not exist.

includes/templates/override/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file

When I search using the developer's toolkit (using the term USEFUL LINKS) the only return is as follows:
    includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/westminster_new/westminster_new_defines.php

So when I then go to this file, in part it has this but exactly what I should do with it is not clear. How do I add or delete things to the useful links? How do I edit the links associated with General info? This information is not in the read me file and there are no EZ pages in my admin ready to edit. This is what I need help with please.

/*home page ads*/
    define('SHOP_NOW','Shop Now!');

/*bof information definitions*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_INFORMATION','Information');
    define('TITLE_EZ_PAGES','Useful Links');
    define('TITLE_GENERAL','General Info');
    define('TITLE_CUSTOMERS','Customers');
    define('TITLE_NEWSLETTERS','Newsletters');

/*bof customer service*/
    define('HEADER_TITLE_CUSTOMER_SERVICE','Customer Service');
    You need to replace "override" to your template override name. In this case it is westminster_new.

If you want your ezpages to show under the useful links section you just need to create your ezpage, turn it on in the header (be sure to set a sort order), and be sure the ezpages_drop_menu.php box is turned on for single column stauts in the admin--tools--layoutboxes controller

Thanks,

Anne