Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Sales Tax for Store Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    on the order that did not work, what address showed up as the shipping address? was it the store address? or one of the customers addresses?

if you enter an order that has the store address as the shipping address (and not using store pickup), does the tax calculate correctly there?
    The store address won't show up as the shipping address, this is a know "bug" and is on the list of tasks for future versions.
    see: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/issues/594 for further details/discussion on that

Plugin Contributions

on the order that did not work, what address showed up as the shipping address? was it the store address? or one of the customers addresses?

if you enter an order that has the store address as the shipping address (and not using store pickup), does the tax calculate correctly there?
    It was the customers address.

What is the best way to add a disclaimer to where they would select store pickup? Perhaps something like: "Local Sales Tax will be charged separately at the time of pickup"

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by In2Deep View Post
    It was the customers address.

What is the best way to add a disclaimer to where they would select store pickup? Perhaps something like: "Local Sales Tax will be charged separately at the time of pickup"
    I don't think your issue is directly related to the shipping module but has something to do how your taxes are configured. How are your taxes configured?

Is your local tax defined and charged for customers in your city or state, iow did you set a tax zone just for your city/state so a customer who's shipping address is within that zone and gets charged with the local tax?

You may want to look at the tax zones first.

Another consideration would be to restrict the Store Pickup module to customers within a certain range of your physical store location as it is unlikely that someone from L.A. would personally pickup if your store is located on the other side of the country ie NYC. You can achieve this by installing PDP: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1702

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    I don't think your issue is directly related to the shipping module but has something to do how your taxes are configured. How are your taxes configured?

Is your local tax defined and charged for customers in your city or state, iow did you set a tax zone just for your city/state so a customer who's shipping address is within that zone and gets charged with the local tax?

You may want to look at the tax zones first.

Another consideration would be to restrict the Store Pickup module to customers within a certain range of your physical store location as it is unlikely that someone from L.A. would personally pickup if your store is located on the other side of the country ie NYC. You can achieve this by installing PDP: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1702
    i may be on the periphery here, but i do not agree with a number of things here.

if the cart correctly charges sales tax on all orders except orders selected for in-store pickup, then something is wrong with the shipping module or perhaps its interface to the tax module. actually i find it hard to say....

in addition, the idea of restricting in-store pickup to a certain geographical area, while interesting certainly has nothing (or very little) to do with the problem at hand. in fact, adding another module to the cart when the existing cart is not functioning the way the store owner/original poster expects it to work, is adding another level of complexity that in my mind will make this problem harder to debug.

in the orders class i added the following function:

Code:
      function check_pickup() {
        if (strstr($this->info['shipping_module_code'], 'storepickup')) {
          $this->delivery['firstname'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_COMPANY');
          $this->delivery['lastname'] = '';
          $this->delivery['street_address'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_ADDR1');
          $this->delivery['city'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_CITY');
          $this->delivery['postcode'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_ZIP');
          $this->delivery['state'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_STATE');
          $this->delivery['suburb'] = '';
          $this->delivery['company'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('STORE_NAME');
        }
      }
    and then within the function create (also in the order class), i added the first line in the code section below before the $sql_data_array = array... line

Code:
    $this->check_pickup();

$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $_SESSION['customer_id'],
                                'customers_name' => $this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'],
    and now you should have the proper address recorded in the orders table after completion for in-store pickup orders.

whether that helps with calculating your taxes, i can not say.... but it might...

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

if the cart correctly charges sales tax on all orders except orders selected for in-store pickup, then something is wrong with the shipping module or perhaps its interface to the tax module. actually i find it hard to say....
    Only the op can tell us if the taxes are correctly configured...

in addition, the idea of restricting in-store pickup to a certain geographical area, while interesting certainly has nothing (or very little) to do with the problem at hand. in fact, adding another module to the cart when the existing cart is not functioning the way the store owner/original poster expects it to work, is adding another level of complexity that in my mind will make this problem harder to debug.
    Agree, nothing to do with the issue at hand - but worth looking at as well and above.

in the orders class i added the following function:

Code:
      function check_pickup() {
        if (strstr($this->info['shipping_module_code'], 'storepickup')) {
          $this->delivery['firstname'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_COMPANY');
          $this->delivery['lastname'] = '';
          $this->delivery['street_address'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_ADDR1');
          $this->delivery['city'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_CITY');
          $this->delivery['postcode'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_ZIP');
          $this->delivery['state'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_STATE');
          $this->delivery['suburb'] = '';
          $this->delivery['company'] = zen_get_configuration_key_value('STORE_NAME');
        }
      }
    and then within the function create (also in the order class), i added the first line in the code section below before the $sql_data_array = array... line

Code:
    $this->check_pickup();

$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $_SESSION['customer_id'],
                                'customers_name' => $this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'],
    and now you should have the proper address recorded in the orders table after completion for in-store pickup orders.

whether that helps with calculating your taxes, i can not say.... but it might...

good luck.
    When scrolling down there are a couple of similar threads, the thread from 2009 may throw a few ideas. Seems someone had a crack at this issue and apparently succeeded.

Just my 5 cents for what it's worth...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12