Plugin Contributions

Default Honeypot Problems

http://holidaybutlins.com/index.php?
    Site built on Clean Install
    Add-ins: CarlisleFresh, ckeditor, google recaptacha

I have had lots of Spam on my site and tried to close problems with megamenu. I have tried removing the contact form and adding googles captcha but I think I must have left some code around which is being used directly but apologies I am lost

Would be great if someone could have a look or point me to the files I need to check.
    I was going to follow the instructions for Honeypot but it seems to be there already as I am using a clean install of 1.5.5?

The spam I am getting is the backfeed from emails being sent out using my domain name holidaybutlins.com like * Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender or BANNED CONTENTS ALERT

Many thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Honeypot Problems

If you are receiving notices of undelivered eMail it could be that Spam is being sent with your eMail address as the Sent From, also known as eMail Spoofing. Best to discuss this with your Hoster as they can check to see how many eMails have been sent from your Hosting account. That is the important thing. Returned eMails you didn't send are another matter and unfortunately, not one you can do anything about. People can send eMail and use whatever Sent From or Reply To address they want.

Plugin Contributions

By any chance, has your IP address changed recently, or was it just assigned? If that's the case, it may be getting blocked by many of the email providers. If it's being blocked, you'll need to contact the companies who are blocking you and persuade them to stop (not always an easy task). For starters, make sure that neither SpamHaus.com nor CloudMark.com is blocking you. Their databases are used by many of the other large companies, such as Yahoo and AT&T (both of which are particularly uncooperative about unblocking IP addresses). If neither of those is a problem, or if they agree to remove your IP addresses from their spam databases and your email is still bouncing, you'll have to contact each of the companies that's blocking you and work with them individually.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure this is being sent from zencart? and not some other stuff running on your server? check /var/log/maillog to see from where the mail is being sent