Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attribute Grid

Just to clarify, is "Attributes-Grid-master" replacing "Attribute Grid 1.3.3" ?
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Issue identified that began in version 1.3.2 of this module. If Stock By Attributes was not installed (files at least) then, this plugin would not properly process grid items added to the cart. I have uploaded version 1.3.4 to the plugins area which will be available here upon review/approval. If the files of SBA were installed, even if no features were activated, then the add-to-cart would operate properly.

The summary writeup was:

If desire to see/obtain the code changes in advance, the plugin is also available from GitHub at: https://github.com/mc12345678/Attributes-Grid

Thanks to oavs for identifying this issue.
    Version 1.3.4 of this plugin is available for download here.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Just to clarify, is "Attributes-Grid-master" replacing "Attribute Grid 1.3.3" ?
    The version downloaded from github would have been the same as 1.3.4 which would have replaced 1.3.3. Now that 1.3.4 is available, github files might receive updates/changes in advance of a newer release.

Plugin Contributions

Weel I have installed "Attributes-Grid-master" over the existing from at github.and worked beautifully. I am soo happy and thank you for following this up mc12345678.

:-)
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Weel I have installed "Attributes-Grid-master" over the existing from at github.and worked beautifully. I am soo happy and thank you for following this up mc12345678.

:-)
    Just goes to show that regardless the issue, if it is not reported or made known it may be a while before someone else finds it. Some that find it will work their way through, some will report the issue, and others will move on to something else.

Personally, thank you for taking the time to point out the issue and try the tests requested.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys,

First of all I apologise if Iam being silly about this but I cannot figure this out and have been back and forth for some time.
    I have a wedding sweet package offer with a flat rate price and I want to allow customers to choose from a list of attributes the types of sweets they wish to include, just to give choice. So I am offering a choice of ten say, but the max they can pick is five, now they can have five of the one attribute if they want, whatever. So if the customer picks qty of five on a combination of five different attributes, i.e. one of each, then it should add to cart. But it adjusts and adds the product five times? I have tried every combination but nothing works. Perhaps I am not understanding how this mod works? can anybody shed light?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jagall View Post
    Hi Guys,

First of all I apologise if Iam being silly about this but I cannot figure this out and have been back and forth for some time.
    I have a wedding sweet package offer with a flat rate price and I want to allow customers to choose from a list of attributes the types of sweets they wish to include, just to give choice. So I am offering a choice of ten say, but the max they can pick is five, now they can have five of the one attribute if they want, whatever. So if the customer picks qty of five on a combination of five different attributes, i.e. one of each, then it should add to cart. But it adjusts and adds the product five times? I have tried every combination but nothing works. Perhaps I am not understanding how this mod works? can anybody shed light?
    Can you provide a more direct "connection" about the problem product? I've spent way too long trying to figure out which product is giving trouble.

The goal is this:
    Either a product has one option name with multiple option values, all of which can be added in some "array" or quantity or there are two option names that are "combined" so that can enter a number where they overlap to be able to add that combination of product to the cart.

To limit the number of variants of a product, will need to set the max number of product to be able to restrict the total number.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for reply here is a link to the product page might make it more clear probably in my case I have too many options but that's the type of combination I require. I would even like if I could get checkboxes to work where customers can tick up to five of the 10 options offered and leave it that they are limited to one item per choice that be fine too.
    thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jagall View Post
    thanks for reply here is a link to the product page might make it more clear probably in my case I have too many options but that's the type of combination I require. I would even like if I could get checkboxes to work where customers can tick up to five of the 10 options offered and leave it that they are limited to one item per choice that be fine too.
    thanks again
    Ok, so yes the setup of the "product" and it's associated attribute(s) does not match the described goal/expectation.

As is right now, the product is setup as a maximum 10 with the min qty/unit qty set to yes, the product's base price is €50 with one attribute having an additional €1 one time fee, all of the choices (option values) fall under one option name.

Expectation appears to be that guest picks any mix/match of 5 items (5 of one or any whole number quantity of the ten choices such that no more than a quantity of 5 have been chosen). Upon selection of the 5 items the total price paid is to be €50.

Now it also appears that Stock By Attributes or a variation of it is in use, so this throws in yet another level of "complexity" because now talking about stock in addition to price.

Let me step back one. Because the product is base priced at an amount (other than 0), the price of purchasing each attribute is the price of the entire product, which is why when adding "attribute" quantities it is like adding the entire product and therefore the total cost when selecting 5 (or as is now 10) of the sub-products that the cost is 5 or 10 times what is displayed as the "package" and doesn't seem right.

"Normally" what is done in cases like this is to provide 5 option names, in each option name is your list of 10 option values. This way, each option value could be selected in each of the 5 option names, but this has a tendency to not offer quantity tracking for each option value because a selection of sub-product 1 in option name 1 is not the same as sub-product 1 in option name 5...

So what am I possibly suggesting? Well, 1 this plugin is not specifically designed to give what is being sought; however, it might be possible for it to help/make work...
    Problem is that when using a maximum value instead of a unit value if someone wants to purchase 2 of these supposed packages, they have to shop a second time or code has to be written to make it work/balance.

So, here's the thing, each option value really adds only only €10, but the product's price (based on price by attribute) is to end up being €50 with both a minimum and maximum of 5 "product" to be selected (entered on the product info page) and a min qty/unit qty enforced of true. Then each option value is entered with a price of €50, but in the price factor, a number representing the portion of the total quantity should be entered ie. 1/5th of the total or 0.20 (will take 5 such option values all in the cart to get the total price), then the offset for the price factor should be 1. This will result in the products base price being €50, but each selection being €10, a minimum of 5 attributes to be selected, and a maximum of 5 to be selected so that can not purchase in a single order the same offer twice. Now, if wanted to allow purchase of the offer multiple times, instead of a maximum of 5, would select a maximum of 0 and change the unit quantity to 5 which would "force" quantities to be in groups of 5 prior to checkout. a message should be displayed in the cart related to this.

So, to explain what this module actually does? It allows selection of of up to a combination of 2 option names in quantities rather than having to add each selection independently.

Ie. Ever popular example(s): have t-shirts in Small, Medium, and Large that have Colors, Red, Blue, and Green.

Instead of selecting a quantity of 1, a size of Small, and a color of Blue. Can go to the single "cell" that represents Small and Blue and then enter a quantity of 1... And, at the same time can enter a quantity for Medium and Green, at which point add to cart will add whatever quantities of product that have those attribute combinations populated. For a single option name such as a t-shirt offered only with this one color and print on it but multiple sizes: well, could select 1 small and 1 large for example and add-to-cart one time with these 2 product (variants) selected.

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678 thank you so so much for the very detailed response much appreciated. I have been wrecking my head tho trying to understand still how it works, then I realise that in my attributes controller page, I am missing a few elements, namely: Price Factor and Price Offset. Using ZC 1.5.5 went back installed attributes again but still same the settings are different. I have installed a third party theme and looking into this now to see if this changed something but it is compatible with 1.5.5 or does this version have a more streamlined attribute section??? stumped!

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast