Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
I like to know how to implement
Zippay (Australia) or AfterPay
Anyone please
The good news is that Zippay (Australia) is possible and appears to function with Zencart.
The bad news is that I only know of one company/business that has the zencart specific code to make it possible. Most of the needed code is downloadable from github (free of charge). Then zencart specific code is proprietry to the company that does the installs (at $200 per install). He claims to have done 100's of zen installs for this module, but based on the crap and bs that he gave to my client I suspect my clients install was probably only the second one he'd done (this was shortly before xmas 2017). He actually spent almost a week trying to get the Authentication aspect to work and pretty much insisted it was a TLS issue, even though my clients site was running the most current SSL/TLS. He wouldn't accept the fact that if it were a TLS issue the systems wouldn't be able to communicate enough for the Authentication data exchange to take place and report that there even was something amiss with the Auth data (aka, the login credentials). I eventually stepped in to help my client, and was able to fix this particular issue in a matter of minutes. The 'expert' (well, my client) found another issue. The taxes weren't being correctly calculated/processed, so once again the 'expert' blamed it on 'non standard store modifications' ... long story short, he had to modify *his* code to fix this. Next problem, he somehow managed to fck up the Zencart Freeshipper module, this was very bad for the client since most of his products are eligiable for free shipping. Again, this required yet another update of the the custon zencart/zippay code (strange how he claims to have done 100's of these installs on zencart sites, yet to fix these problems he had to update his own code. I can't believe after "100s of installs" he hadn't run into these issues before. The way he worded these fixes to my client had him thinking the updates/changes were to the zencart code rather than his own code. (I ended up showing my client exactly what changes were done to fix these issues so as to assure him that no changes were made to the zencart code itself. So a little over a month had now passed and zippay was finally up and running. My client, typically gets at least a dozen sales per day. He has only had *three* sales using zippay since it was made functional in Early december. The sales (not the profits) haven't even covered the cost of the installation. IOW, in spite of any hype, there doesn't seem much of a demand to use zippay anyway.

Just to make matters worse, since the install of the module my clients site has been slowly but surely been falling in the Google rankings, to the extent that a site search was showing *zero* results at the start of the month. This didn't turn out to be due to the zippay module, but because this 'expert' had decided that the bmz_cache folder should be unwritable to the zencart/server process, as a result the cache now only contained obsolete data, and because ImageHandler couldn't write to it, the server was sending fullsize uncompressed images even where only thumbnails were needed (well, that also explained why the site has been so sluggish for the last few months). Oh, did I mention that during the install attempt of zippay the installer kept giving my client the sales pitch that it would perform better if migrated to one of *his* servers (which I actually determined and was able to show my client that they were actually *slower* to respond than what he had, so basically, we now assume he deliberately sabotaged the site in order to boost his own business.

Sorry for this rant and rave, but as you can see, this has been a really bad experience in so many ways, and I can't, or won't name the business because I don't want to give him any form of advertising, so all I will say, he is the only person/business in Australia that has the zencart specific code to make it function, so, yes, zippay Aust and Zencart is possible, but untill/unless another alternative arises I would suggest you don't even consider it, especally since end customer demand doesn't seem to be there anyway.

Cheers
Rod