Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_template_dir() on null in credit_c

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    This is what mine looks like (appears to be the same as yours):

Code:
    function zen_debug_error_handler ($errno, $errstr, $errfile, $errline) {
      if (!(error_reporting() & $errno)) {
        return;
      }
      ob_start();
      if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.6') >= 0) {
        debug_print_backtrace(DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS);
      } else {
        debug_print_backtrace();
      }
      $backtrace = ob_get_contents();
      ob_end_clean();
      // The following line removes the call to this zen_debug_error_handler function (as it's not relevant)
      $backtrace = preg_replace ('/^#0\s+' . __FUNCTION__ . "[^\n]*\n/", '', $backtrace, 1);  
      error_log('Request URI: ' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] . ', IP address: ' . (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : 'not set') . "\n" . $backtrace);

return false;  // Let PHP's built-in error handler do its thing.
    }
    What about the remainder of the file? Any changes from a default version as found at: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...r_logging.php?

If look at the version information found at the version link at the top of the admin screen, is ini_set disabled? Is the backtrace function disabled?

As far as the "exact" times, log files can be expected to be generated as much as 5 minutes out from when the issue occurs. Yes, the white screen likely is from the error that is/was described considering it is actually an error not a warning or notice.

If the log captured the debug backtrace information expected then would have more of the information that helps to track down the details of the problem. Who made the request, what software was aligned to get to that point, what the uri had, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_template_dir() on null in credit_c

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What about the remainder of the file? Any changes from a default version as found at: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/t...r_logging.php?
    That link didn't work, but here are the full contents of my enable_error_logging.php file:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Very simple error logging to file
     * Sometimes it is difficult to debug PHP background activities, especially when most information cannot be safely output to the screen.
     * However, using the PHP error logging facility we can store all PHP errors to a file, and then review separately.
     * Using this method, the debug details are stored at: /logs/myDEBUG-999999-00000000.log
     * Credits to @lat9 for adding backtrace functionality
     * @package debug
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: Author: DrByte  Sat Oct 17 20:09:58 2015 -0400 Modified in v1.5.5 $
     */

return;
      }
      ob_start();
      } else {
        debug_print_backtrace();
      }
      ob_end_clean();
      // The following line removes the call to this zen_debug_error_handler function (as it's not relevant)
      $backtrace = preg_replace ('/^#0\s+' . __FUNCTION__ . "[^\n]*\n/", '', $backtrace, 1);  
      error_log('Request URI: ' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] . ', IP address: ' . (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : 'not set') . "\n" . $backtrace);

}

if (!defined('DIR_FS_LOGS')) {
      $val = realpath(dirname(DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE . '/') . '/logs');
      if (is_dir($val) && is_writable($val)) {
        define('DIR_FS_LOGS', $val);
      }
      else {
        define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE);
      }
    }
    /**
     * Specify the pages you wish to enable debugging for (ie: main_page=xxxxxxxx)
     * Using '*' will cause all pages to be enabled
     */
      $pages_to_debug[] = '*';
    //   $pages_to_debug[] = '';

/**
     * The path where the debug log file will be located
     * Default value is: DIR_FS_LOGS . '/myDEBUG-999999-00000000.log'
     * ... which puts it in the /logs/ folder:   /logs/myDEBUG-999999-00000000.log  (where 999999 is a random number, and 00000000 is the server's timestamp)
     *    (or if you don't have a /logs/ folder, it will use the /cache/ folder instead)
     */
      $debug_logfile_path = DIR_FS_LOGS . '/myDEBUG-' . time() . '-' . mt_rand(1000,999999) . '.log';

/**
     * Error reporting level to log
     * Default: E_ALL ^E_NOTICE
     */
      $errors_to_log = (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, 5.3, '>=') ? E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE : version_compare(PHP_VERSION, 5.4, '>=') ? E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT : E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

///// DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE /////

//////////////////// DEBUG HANDLING //////////////////////////////////
      if (in_array('*', $pages_to_debug) || in_array($current_page_base, $pages_to_debug)) {
        @ini_set('log_errors', 1);          // store to file
        @ini_set('log_errors_max_len', 0);  // unlimited length of message output
        @ini_set('display_errors', 0);      // do not output errors to screen/browser/client
        @ini_set('error_log', $debug_logfile_path);  // the filename to log errors into
        @ini_set('error_reporting', $errors_to_log ); // log only errors according to defined rules
        set_error_handler('zen_debug_error_handler', $errors_to_log);
      }

if (defined('IS_CLI') && IS_CLI == 'VERBOSE') {
        error_reporting(E_ALL);
        ini_set('display_errors', 1);
      }
    If look at the version information found at the version link at the top of the admin screen, is ini_set disabled? Is the backtrace function disabled?
    On the top of my Admin screen, there is no mention of ini_set anywhere. It just tells me "You are presently using: v1.5.5f". I don't think any backtrace funtion would be disabled (I do see other errors in my log file that seems to backtrace the source........just not with these particular error files in question).
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Have you found a solution to this? I am getting the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    That link didn't work, but here are the full contents of my enable_error_logging.php file:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Very simple error logging to file
     * Sometimes it is difficult to debug PHP background activities, especially when most information cannot be safely output to the screen.
     * However, using the PHP error logging facility we can store all PHP errors to a file, and then review separately.
     * Using this method, the debug details are stored at: /logs/myDEBUG-999999-00000000.log
     * Credits to @lat9 for adding backtrace functionality
     * @package debug
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: Author: DrByte  Sat Oct 17 20:09:58 2015 -0400 Modified in v1.5.5 $
     */

return;
      }
      ob_start();
      } else {
        debug_print_backtrace();
      }
      ob_end_clean();

}

if (!defined('DIR_FS_LOGS')) {
      $val = realpath(dirname(DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE . '/') . '/logs');
      if (is_dir($val) && is_writable($val)) {
        define('DIR_FS_LOGS', $val);
      }
      else {
        define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE);
      }
    }
    /**
     * Specify the pages you wish to enable debugging for (ie: main_page=xxxxxxxx)
     * Using '*' will cause all pages to be enabled
     */
      $pages_to_debug[] = '*';

/**
     * The path where the debug log file will be located
     * Default value is: DIR_FS_LOGS . '/myDEBUG-999999-00000000.log'
     * ... which puts it in the /logs/ folder:   /logs/myDEBUG-999999-00000000.log  (where 999999 is a random number, and 00000000 is the server's timestamp)
     *    (or if you don't have a /logs/ folder, it will use the /cache/ folder instead)
     */
      $debug_logfile_path = DIR_FS_LOGS . '/myDEBUG-' . time() . '-' . mt_rand(1000,999999) . '.log';

/**
     * Error reporting level to log
     * Default: E_ALL ^E_NOTICE
     */
      $errors_to_log = (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, 5.3, '>=') ? E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE : version_compare(PHP_VERSION, 5.4, '>=') ? E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT : E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

///// DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE /////

//////////////////// DEBUG HANDLING //////////////////////////////////
      if (in_array('*', $pages_to_debug) || in_array($current_page_base, $pages_to_debug)) {
        @ini_set('log_errors', 1);          // store to file
        @ini_set('log_errors_max_len', 0);  // unlimited length of message output
        @ini_set('display_errors', 0);      // do not output errors to screen/browser/client
        @ini_set('error_log', $debug_logfile_path);  // the filename to log errors into
        @ini_set('error_reporting', $errors_to_log ); // log only errors according to defined rules
        set_error_handler('zen_debug_error_handler', $errors_to_log);
      }

if (defined('IS_CLI') && IS_CLI == 'VERBOSE') {
        error_reporting(E_ALL);
        ini_set('display_errors', 1);
      }

On the top of my Admin screen, there is no mention of ini_set anywhere. It just tells me "You are presently using: v1.5.5f". I don't think any backtrace funtion would be disabled (I do see other errors in my log file that seems to backtrace the source........just not with these particular error files in question).

Plugin Contributions

In my case, the reason seems to be some missing language files beginning with lang.xxx (which are now in v 1.5.8.)

Quote Originally Posted by zamzom View Post
    Have you found a solution to this? I am getting the same error.

Plugin Contributions

Just for documentation, I have noticed that I can get the same error when I upload a plugin but make a mistake such as not renaming one of the files which expects to be renamed before upload, or mistyping one of the values like YOUR_ADMIN or YOUR_TEMPLATE. In those cases the customer-side of the store usually looks blank, and I just restore the site and database from backup rather than try and debug further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12