Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shop details will not save - forces login page. Admin directory missing

Hi, thank you for responding.

There are no log files in the site log.

And the problem is that everything seems to be normal, yet I can't administer the site. I can login as admin and get to the My Store configuration page. I am familiar with this page. But selecting any item on this form, or trying to save store details on the initiation form, all fail. As soon as I save or select a menu item, the system immediately jumps back to the admin login form. I can't get beyond this.

This is my second go at doing this - I tried it with 1.5.67a 2 years ago and I now remember I got the same result and could not find a solution.

I have checked all the permissions I am supposed to set and they are correct. I tried a reinstall but this made no difference.

If its relevant, I unpacked 1.5.7 locally, uploaded it to the site and ran the installer via the web. I have done this several times in earlier years with earlier versions and never had this problem.

I am thinking I must have a setting incorrect????

##############################

OK, I have found my post from 2 years ago and at that time I found that 1.5.7 does not like PHP 7.1 - it works if I change to 7.3... however I NEED to stay with 7.1. Am I going to have to abandon ZenCart? Or maybe change to 7.4 to edit the site and then change back? I will try that now. But it seems clumsy.
    Last edited by rkenley; 20 Apr 2023 at 09:18 PM.