Plugin Contributions

help question Mass Update Weight

I'm a little skittish when it comes to using an SQL query to attempt this and I'm not sure I fully understand some of the ways this can be manipulated through the admin console (if in fact it can be done) name/value manager. I'm looking to see if there is a way to mass change/update the Product Shipping Weight is some fashion. Whether it's by category ID or some other means which I can then go back in and manually change the odd item here and there.

Any help appreciated.
    I was a shy, quiet kid. I was happiest playing by myself with my toys, rather than hanging around people.
    -- Christian Slater

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mass Update Weight

In what manner do you want to update a product's shipping weight? Set all products in a specific "master" category to have a specific weight? Do the products have attributes that add or subtract weight?

Plugin Contributions

If I can update based on a category that already exists or if I can group them to a new category. Basically all of my action figures/toys I'd like to mass update the weight to 1lb.

https://www.mrcollectoronline.com/in...index&cPath=58
    I was a shy, quiet kid. I was happiest playing by myself with my toys, rather than hanging around people.
    -- Christian Slater

Plugin Contributions

Again, this query is based on a product's master_categories_id. Be sure to make a database backup before running!

To update all products' weight to 1 pound in each of the sub-categories of the Toys category (categories_id 58), you can run the following SQL in the admin's Tools :: Install SQL Patches:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_weight = 1 WHERE master_categories_id IN (61, 62, 81, 78, 59, 60, 79, 68);

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for this, seems almost too easy. So if I'm understanding you correctly I can either do all the toys using 58 or get a little more granular by using the actual subcategories (61, 62, 81, 78, 59, 60, 79, 68) in fact I believe some of those subs have additional categories. This is beyond helpful!
    -- Christian Slater

Plugin Contributions

Sorry one additional question, would a single category need to be in ()?

Example:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_weight = 1 WHERE master_categories_id IN 127
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Again, this query is based on a product's master_categories_id. Be sure to make a database backup before running!

To update all products' weight to 1 pound in each of the sub-categories of the Toys category (categories_id 58), you can run the following SQL in the admin's Tools :: Install SQL Patches:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_weight = 1 WHERE master_categories_id IN (61, 62, 81, 78, 59, 60, 79, 68);
    -- Christian Slater

Plugin Contributions

It would or, for a single category, you could use
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_weight = 1 WHERE master_categories_id = 127;

Plugin Contributions

Cool site!

When I click on a product image it creates a tiny 2nd browser window with the following message:

"The page isn’t redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

FYI - I would actually buy some items but the images are so small I can't see any detail.