Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Can't delete products

After upgrading from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0 everything seemed to be just ducky until I tried to delete a product from our catalog. Admin asks me to confirm the delete (which I do) but when the screen refereshes, the product is still there.

No error messages, it just doesn't delete.

Same when I try to delete an unused category.

I can 'remove' them from public view by disabling them (red square) and I suppose I can re-use these files for adding new products by just changing the data in the files, but that seems liks a sloppy work-around. Very un-Zen like.

Is anyone else having this trouble?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't delete products

I would peek at the Zen Cart v1.3.0.1 release with the neat little bugfixes that include the ... "cannot delete a product after an upgrade" issue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Re: Can't delete products

I'm sorry. I did try... I read the titles of every post in the upgrading forum and saw nothing that looked relevant, so I forged ahead. AFTER I posted the forum showed me the message about this in the General forum.

I snagged the upgrade and am working on it -- winmerge pulled up around 700 files for me to look through and decide what's what and what to keep.

Shouldn't take me more than a week

Plugin Contributions

OK, I over estimated the time required just a *tad* It took several hours instead of several days. Most of the 'differences' reported were just the date and programmer note in the heading block. Very few of the new files were affected by my customizations.

I uploaded the new files, the zc-install directory and attempted to run the install process to update the database, but all I get for the zc_install/install.php is a blank white page.

Deleted the folder and uploaded it again. Same thing.

I looked at the Admin/tools menu and find what looks like the ability to install the version patch here -- if Iknew the magic words.

Anyone know the magic words? Or want to tell me that I'm wrong, this won't work.

Plugin Contributions

Never mind... I got it.

Plugin Contributions

Next time, you might peek in the /docs of the Zen Cart download and read the change log so that you can see what changes have occured ...

We also made a nice handy dandy changed only download to help those who were not sure how to determin changed files from the full version ...

Glad to hear you are back up and running ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have the same problem, i also therefore ned to do the upgrade from 1.3 to 1.3.0.1. However, i downloaded the changed only files and the installation docs link from the main doc is a dead link. I have built and customised my site snad spent weeks slaving over it and i dont want to do it wrong ad lose all of my hard work....can anyone tell me if there is anywhere else i can find thie document?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Can't delete products

You're right, the file the index.page references for READ ME FIRST -- Installation is missing from the full file set as well.

I've tried finding stuff here, but since the re-work of the site most everything I try to go for results in a This Site Is Down For Maintenance message. Still sweeping up after the remodeling I'd guess, so my own renovations have been put on hold for a while.

But, here's what I've learned about upgrading through my trials by fire. (Forgive me if I tell you anything you already know.)

1) BACK_UP your data base. You have to go into your MySQL control panel to do this, it can't be done through ADMIN. If you don't know how ask your hosting service for help.

2) Download a copy of all your current version files for safe keeping.

3) Compare your working file set to the changed only file set you downloaded and "blend" your modifications into the new files. The installation documents reccommend a utility called Winmerge, but Ajeh suggests that they may have something even better available. My poking around in here this morning has not turned it up yet... mostly just down for maintenence links.

4) Through Admin put you site into "Down For Maintenance" mode and upload the changed files and the zc_install folder to your server.

5) Run zc_install/index.php. It will tell you that two config files need to be set so they are writable. I use my FTP utility to do this, then click the re-check button.

6) Click the Update Database Only button. This is important. If you run the Install option it will wipe out your database. I know, I did it. Lost 4 months of inputting products.

7) It should now tell you that the install is complete and remind you to delete the zc_insall directory and change those two configuration files back to read only. Then put your site back into 'live' mode.

And that's it. Once you've done it a time or two it's not bad at all, but that first time is a trial. Or at least it was for me. Maybe I'm just stupid or something.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much! Thats great, i followed step by step. Accidentally reinstalled, but hasd backed up database so i reinstalled data and hey presto!
    Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

I have upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1 to try to fix the problem that i cant delete products from my database. However, this has not fixed the problem, i still cant delete? Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast