Plugin Contributions

Default Canada Post Attribute Dimensions - code help needed

I am using the canada post module with dimensions, and it works excellent for single items, however as soon as someone has multiple items in their cart, the shipping is way off base. Every item would ship in one box, but it appears that it is calculating each item separately and adding them together.

I need to change this because it's resulting in excessively large postage fees that are not accurate (i.e. to send 3 books is calculated at $19 when it should be about $9). To send 1 book would cost about $6, so $6 x 3 gives you the $19 it is charging.

how can i get it to estimate the shipping as if all items where being shipped in 1 box?

Url: http://www.canadianyouthworker.com/bookstore

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post Module with Dimensions

I figured it out. I had "ship item in original box" checked for each product. As soon as I disabled this option the shipping calculated was MUCH more accurate.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to disable it without having to do each individual item?

Plugin Contributions

I looking for this too. Is there a way to massively update L H W dimensions without having to click on each product?

Plugin Contributions

Tools -> Install SQL patches run the following command:

UPDATE products SET products_ready_to_ship = '0';

Plugin Contributions

Default Canada Post Attribute Dimensions - code help needed

Hi - I'm hoping someone with a bit more coding experience can help me resolve an issue with the Canada Post module

Currently with the Canada Post module dimensions are defined in the product settings but attribute dimensions for different sizes/weights of the same product are not supported.

The issue with this is that all items with attributes have to use the same dimensions, which, results in more expensive quotes given back for smaller items (Canada Post uses weight and size to determine shipping quotes)

What I would like to do is to pull length/width/height information from existing columns in the products_attributes table of the same products_id

Problem is with my limited php knowledge I am unsure how in canadapost.php to instead of using $products_array[$i][length] etc is to pull information from say the attributes_price_onetime column and 2 others for width and height - or ideally create new columns and modify the zen cart product attribute php file so dimensions for attributes will work...

Any help would be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

Hello - I am 'trying' to add dimensional support to the canada post module for attributes

The reason attribute dimensions are needed is so I can provide accurate (and much lower) priced shipping quotes as we are currently losing customers due to scary shipping costs from courier rates and a blanket dimension for all attributes results in higher shipping quotes

from modules/shipping/canadapost.php
    Code:
    // Existing:
    $products_array = $_SESSION['cart']->get_products();
    for ($i=0; $i<count($products_array); $i++)

// New:
    $attribute_length_query = "select products_attributes_length
                                          from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . "
                                        where products_id = '" . (int)$products_array[$i]['id'] . "'
                                          and options_id = '" . (int)$products_array[$i]['options_id'] . "'
                                          and options_values_id = '" . (int)$products_array[$i]['options_values_id'] . "'";

$attribute_length = $db->Execute($attribute_length_query);
    I created columns in the products_attributes table, one above named products_attributes_length (length as per length/width/height) that will be set using the attributes_controller.php set however the script is failing at the Execute statement and the shipping estimator doesn't show in the bottom of my shopping cart

Hopefully someone can throw me a bone, note I have limited PHP just trying to do what I can to make this work for the store

p.s. if a mod can please delete thread 185580 that would be appreciated this one is more relevant

thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

is there a way to remove the dimension support for this module
    www.gorillagear.ca = zencart v1.3.9h with 40+ mods