Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

OK, I have to have all 7 carts done and all products loaded before beginning of business Monday. So I guess I am going to have to hack at this myself rather than just wait around and see if anyone answers.

I re-uploaded all the files to the admin folder overwriting what is there. Upon logging in I have the menu boxes back, but it is partially broke. I am getting this:

Configuration | Catalog | Modules | Customers | Locations / Taxes | Localization | Reports|$options = array( array('box' => BOX_TOOLS_IMAGE_HANDLER, 'page' => FILENAME_IMAGE_HANDLER) ); Tools | Gift Certificate/Coupons |$options = array( array('box' => BOX_TOOLS_IMAGE_HANDLER, 'page' => FILENAME_IMAGE_HANDLER) ); Extras |

I was able to go into the permissions screen and my admin login had permission to everything except Image Handler (it was reset as I set the permission on it to earlier). I also changed the admin level for the second admin account to 1. All of the second admin account's permissions were off, so I turned some on.

Now I have to figure out why some of the menu items are showing code rather than menus.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Profiles Support Thread

UPDATE:

OK, So in looking carefully at the text I highlighted in red I saw it was referring to the Image Handler. I then thought "Hmm, that is the extra box file I edited" so I checked the file and found the text in red was outside the ending php tag. It was also in the same location, at the end of the file beyond the ending "?>" on the product_music_extras_dhtml file. I don't know how they got there, but I seem to be back in business.

I am just a little nervous about adding the other admin users now. However, I have a local copy of all files in the renamed admin folder, so I can do this again if I need to. I wish I knew what happened, and how that extra text got there.

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Profiles Support Thread

typo i think...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... YOU ARE RIGHT."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOOD LUCK !!![/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Yea, except I just added another new admin user. As soon as I hit submit it DID IT AGAIN!!

I don't know what is going on, but re-uploading my entire admin folder, and resetting all the permissions for every admin user every time I add a new admin user is going to get old VERY FAST.

Any ideas on why this could be happening?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just downloaded the contribution and installed it on a fresh v1.3.0.2 install to test it.
    I started with one user, ID=1, admin-level=1.

Inserted a new user... filled in the name, email, level=1... clicked Save.
    No error. New user shows up in list.
    Click on the orange P to edit permissions... set them as desired.

Not sure how to help you further.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    I just downloaded the contribution and installed it on a fresh v1.3.0.2 install to test it.
    I started with one user, ID=1, admin-level=1.

Inserted a new user... filled in the name, email, level=1... clicked Save.
    No error. New user shows up in list.
    Click on the orange P to edit permissions... set them as desired.

Not sure how to help you further.
    I am not sure what is broke either, but something is. I am working in a Linux environment on my workstation, but that should not make any difference. It does have one big issue though - gFTP SUCKS and in lieu of a good FTP Client I am using a Linux nightly build of FileZilla. It does not seem to want to remember that I said overwrite all and wants to confirm for every file. Thank goodness my host lets me have SSH access to a shell so I can "rm -R *" in my admin directory first and just do a fresh upload.

------- ------- -------

Uh, oh - It seems the upload did not fix it this time. I have no access to anything and I have no menus again. Clearing out the admin folder and uploading files that I know work, because they are the same ones I uploaded to fix it last time, is not giving me access now. I think I am going to cry.
    Last edited by T313C0mun1s7; 7 Aug 2006 at 07:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since you're reloading your admin files ... why not load them up without the Admin Profiles code installed.

Then create your new admin users.

Then install the Admin Profiles code and set the permissions on your users.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Since you're reloading your admin files ... why not load them up without the Admin Profiles code installed.

Then create your new admin users.

Then install the Admin Profiles code and set the permissions on your users.
    Actually, I just realized that you seem to have uploaded a version 1.0.4 and the one I have having issues with is version 1.0.3 uploaded by kuroi. I don't have the files without the Admin Profiles code with my style-sheet and logo, only the originals from the download. I also don't remember what customizations I did to the admin, but I am pretty sure it was only color changes (CSS) the top left logo, and powered by logo at the bottom of the page. So I think I will just dump the files in the admin folder and put the originals back, but what about the database? DUH! Never mind I was actually smart and I did a database backup right before I installed this mod. So can I just run a database restore from cPanel, or will new database tables and entries still be there if I do that? How do I go about getting my database clean again so I can reapply the new version of the mod?

Plugin Contributions

The extra code outside the php tags = FTP problem - no question. I've seen that once before.

However the getting locked out has all the hallmarks of a bug in Zen Cart itself, specifically a tendancy to change admin user when register_globals is ON. This appears to cause the following behaviour: when a new user is created, the user ID of the current user is set to that of the new user. It's not a problem with Admin Profiles, does it rather highglight it.

If register_global is ON, can you set it to OFF? If not, I have a possible (untested) workaround.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

On re-reading your posts, another very real possibility is that your copy of the admin/includes/init_includes/init_admin_auth.php file, which excludes some key admin pages from being blocked by Admin Profiles, may be somehow corrupted.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast