Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User tracking mod

I've been logged out before when clicking (the first time) to view a previous day's session too, but it doesn't seem to happen every time. Just logged in now and tried it again and didn't get logged out.

Plugin Contributions

I just had it happen with another contribution that uses the tool menu. This leads me to believe it’s not isolated to this one.

I will try to recreate it and document it so I can bring it to the main forum as a question.
    My gene pool could use a little chlorine and a lifeguard.
    Inksale.com
    TeamFastEddy.com

Plugin Contributions

Déjà Vu?

On the most part, this contrib. has been working very nice. But a couple of times, recently, I am seeing the end time and start time log 100's of hours of difference when not really happening. What made this really noticeable was a purchase several days prior. Then the same logs came up again after we already mailed out order. I concluded that it restated the session somehow when the log out timed itself for a future time.

Now today I see where someone's start time is two hours before their log out time, the time is going backwards!

Has anybody discovered this worm hole, time warp, or had a déjà vu type of experience? I am using the 20060114 version on 1.27d.

I have not tampered with the server time with time adjustment mods, thought about it a while back, but haven't done it. Maybe thats it, I shouldn't have thunk it.
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)

Plugin Contributions

Posted earlier by Acorn Designs. I am also having the same issue.

"I just upgraded to ZenCart version 1.3.5 and user tacking version 20060805.

The admin visits are being added to the database and the admin's stats are being displayed but none of the guests are inserted into the database. So the table is created properly and inserts and queries are working. Tracking user visits is set to true in the user tracking config page.

User tracking was working before the updates.

Any ideas on what could be preventing the inserts of the visits?

Thanks,"

Plugin Contributions

I'm running 1.3.5 and the latest version of the mod. I'm wondering if I've misread the instructions for not recording data from certain sites. This is what I have in the "exclude IP addresses" entry:

24.238.79.216, 128.221.197.129,74.129.0.70,66.249.66.1/255,12.203.76.112,74.129.16.132,38.98.19.0/255,64.124.140.0/255

Yet when I look at the tracking report, I continue to get items such as:

Plus, when I try the purge function on those IP addresses, the entry isn't deleted.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Déjà Vu?

Quote Originally Posted by Justwade
    On the most part, this contrib. has been working very nice. But a couple of times, recently, I am seeing the end time and start time log 100's of hours of difference when not really happening. What made this really noticeable was a purchase several days prior. Then the same logs came up again after we already mailed out order. I concluded that it restated the session somehow when the log out timed itself for a future time.

Now today I see where someone's start time is two hours before their log out time, the time is going backwards!

Has anybody discovered this worm hole, time warp, or had a déjà vu type of experience? I am using the 20060114 version on 1.27d.

I have not tampered with the server time with time adjustment mods, thought about it a while back, but haven't done it. Maybe thats it, I shouldn't have thunk it.
    Because the mod works on sessions I think you are seeing a person coming back from a previous bookmark with a stored session.
    As well the display while only intending to display one 24 hour period goes back to the earliest click stored with that session whether thats the previous day or weeks.

Plugin Contributions

I have noticed that with the host by address feature turned on that sometimes this mod appears to time out.

Just wondering out loud if it would be a good idea to store the host name in the database so this could be recalled for display instead of retrieving it each time by the host by address function each time the user tracking is displayed?

Plugin Contributions

Zen-cart 1.3.5 would not allow a tracking record to be written to the database in our installation. We found by commenting out line 52 in user_tracking.php, the (skip this ip) check would be ignored and the record would be written to the database.

The question is, what would cause ($skip_this_ip == false) all of the time?

if ($skip_this_ip == false)
    //{ commentted out to fix logging problem

Ideas are appreciated.

Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pinghead
    To all the users of the usertracking mod!

I'm in the process of upgrading to 1.3.0.1 from 1.2.6, and translating the english files to swedish (8815 lines of code...) and fixing the other mods I've installed.

Please bear with me, this will take a while.

In the meantime, post problems and solutions to the usertracking mod in this thread.
    Well, as I'm not going to have time to continue my work on/at my webshop I just came here to say goodbye (so you don't think I've gone M.I.A) and wish you all good luck with your continuing use of Zen-Cart (which I think is an awesome tool) and the tracking mod.

Best regards
    Petter

Plugin Contributions

Hello all!

First off I want to say this is a fantastic mod. I don't know how I ever got along without it.

Having a problem though. Since about two days ago user_tracking.php just times out on me. It's always been a bit slow (lots of database records to retrieve, I understand,) but now it isn't responding at all.
    Every other page on the site of course works fine.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast