I've tried the following contributions with 1.3.6 without problem:

-Image Handler 2
    -Improved Attributes Controller 1.1
    -Backup MySQL Plugin 1.2.10
    -HTML Area Image Manager
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3 Compatible Contributions

Hi,

I see that you got Image Handler 2 working on 1.3.6 successfully.
    Did you successfully upgrade an existing site that was already using IH2 or was it a new install?

I am trying to upgrade a site right now but I haven't been able to get IH to work properly. None of the cached images are being displayed.

Would you mind sharing the steps you took to upgrade the image handler function.

Many thanks :)

Janeth

Plugin Contributions

I see that you got Image Handler 2 working on 1.3.6 successfully.
    Did you successfully upgrade an existing site that was already using IH2 or was it a new install?
    Yes, I did (not mine though).

After upgrading, re-upload all the IH2 files and re-install... that's the way I did it.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

well im not sure how i got mine working but its working now :)
    i ended up starting my upgrade from scratch.

Plugin Contributions

I guess we should start new with what is compatible with 1.3.6? Mods that worked with 1.3.1 do not necessarily work with 1.3.6, right?
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

not necessarily, no... but most should work fine. 1.3 was a major revision... anything since is minor and most contribs will be unaffected. I see no reason in starting a whole new thread.

A better way to do things is if the contrib authors would keep up to date and update the download section to confirm they work with newer version... but that's asking too much I know.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

Is it asked too much? Maybe, yes. They all did it for free.

I think the author knows very fast if some of the updated zen files are different then what they used for the mod. I understand that not everybody has the time to update every mod right away, BUT if would be great if the download section description could be edited to warn if a mod contains files that are in need for merging. I am not even asking to tell us what files, just that there are files that need to be updated. This would prevent us simple folks from just downloading a 1.3.x mod and hope for the best. A simple note would help.

It would be great if each mod would have a link to the supporting thread that deals with the upgrading issues.

Plugin Contributions

I agree... I try to use distinctive one-word names for my contribs (like sessionWatcher) so that people can easily search the forums for the appropriate thread.

I know from experience though that some contribs aren't so easy to identify and fix. Also, it typically is a BAD decision to quickly upgrade to the latest version of zencart... it should be a slow and careful process. The authors of mods are typically store owners just like you and I, so it is quite possible they themselves haven't upgraded and may not be interested in doing so. I'm a perfect example... I released a huge contrib for 1.2.5 that allowed you to select a different base-currency for each product. I developed it with my particular store in mind, and that store still uses 1.2.5. There's no way I'm going to go through and update it to 1.3x until I upgrade that store. So anyone that uses that contrib will be stuck at 1.2.5 along with me. Ok, in that case it was VERY specialized and I doubt more than 3 people use it, but still.

That's the problem with authoring contribs too... the better they are, the more popular they are and the more time it takes to support them. I'm sure many authors get sick of it.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

I absolutely understand what you are saying.

Your onelongword approach certainly helps a lot. I think it would be great though if in each contributions download section would be a link to the main support thread.

Plugin Contributions

Is this working for 1.3.7?
    IntelCos

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast