Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Urgent, about registration for italian stores starting from Jan 2007

Hi, I urgently need to speak (well via mail or forum since my english speaking is a bit poor) with the staff.

The problem is that starting from January 2007 there will be some change in italian fiscal matter. One of those changes has impact on Zen Cart registration form.

Starting from January will be mandatory to get both vat number and fiscal code (I don't know if other countries have fiscal code).

Our fiscal matter is a bit complex: if you sell to a company, you must wrote in invoice only vat number; if you sell to an individual company or to a 'professionista' you must wrote both vat number and fiscal code; if you sell to a person you must wrote only the fiscal code ('cause he has not a vat number).
    We don't yet know what to write if we sell outside Italy (sigh!, please do not comment our poor situation...)

I may manage all this stuff by making mods to core files of Zen Cart, but this would become an additional pain each time there's a new version.

So I'm asking if there's the possibility to add 2 fields in core registration system, maybe with the possibility to manage these fields in admin (ie the possibility to use them and if used the possibility to make them (or just one) mandatory fields).

This way for italian stores would be enough to activate and make mandatory both fields, adding an advice saying something like 'If you haven't VAT number or fiscal code, please type in XXXX in the apposite field'.

Thanks!
    Paolo De Dionigi
    Co-maintainer of Zen Cart Italia

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent, about registration for italian stores starting from Jan 2007

I understand core team is super busy, but at least I'd appreciate a reply saying: sorry, at the moment we cannot do anything, or even sorry, but we are not interested in making this kind of mods.

Thanks
    Paolo De Dionigi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent, about registration for italian stores starting from Jan 2007

Sometimes a post gets lost among the list and this appears to be one of them ...

We will be looking into this for a future release to make this easier for you ... if we can get something out before the 1st we will try to do so ...

We cannot make any promises at this time on when it can be done as we are very busy with upcoming releases ...

I am sorry you had to wait on a response ... often it is helpful if you have not had a response in 24 hours to add on to your original post additional information so that if there were questions to the original post more information might provide answers to questions in addition to helping us help you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Linda!
    I'm sorry for my sharp dump, but today I had to fight against bigger italian provider who has big issues with DNS, so many customers asking why they cannot use internet and so explaining how to use opendns...

Well, about the topic, if I may give my contribute, let me know (there are other things I'd like to implement regarding customer registration and admin login - about what italian privacy law request - but this would require much work and discussion on how to implement ).

Ciao!
    Paolo De Dionigi

Plugin Contributions

Contributions are always appreciated by the folks that need them ...

If you have something that you think can benefit others, that is what the download section is for ...

Be sure it is heavily tested and your documentation clear for others to utilize it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Uh, yes, I already used it for italian lang pack.
    And I would have put also my contrib for popup image, but I developed it after viewing that there already was lightbox...

In my post I was referring to help I may give if needed about what I asked for registration form

Byez
    Paolo De Dionigi

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you can use this mod as a basis for your new italian requirements:
    VAT-mod for European companies
    zensational

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Rik. I know how to implement what I need but the problem is to have it as a core functionality, so avoiding to hack core files each time there's a new release of Zen Cart.

Accordingly to source forge stats we're having 30/40 downloads a day for italian localization so we have a lot of users, but we're mainly 2 people taking care of everything (luckily there are some good guys who replies to easier questions in our forum).

So if such a thing could be integrated in core files, would be easier for us to mantain our releases. This is the reason of my request.

Coming back to the topic, I may give en extra hint: I often receive requests to add more fields in registration form, so I think that the best thing to do would be to make registration form more flexible, permitting everyone to add and remove fields and make them as desired, maybe porting logic or even code from products attributes scripts.
    Paolo De Dionigi

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda, Kim, DrByte and others.

Well with 1.3.7 our problems about vat number are increased.

To avoid core changes, we used 2nd REMOTE_ADDR field as vat number field...

So now, we don't have anymore a vat field.

At this point we all (italians, but the same is for all europeans) need a fix on this.

I only ask you if (user / address book) fields management via admin is on roadmap (for which version) or not yet.

As it is now, 1.3.7 cannot be used in italy (and I'm so short in time!!!) so I need to know if is better for me to develope this by my own (it'd be just a temporary hack, 'cause I really have no time to develope a fields management system) or if you're working on it.

Thanks
    Paolo De Dionigi

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_p_ike View Post
    I only ask you if (user / address book) fields management via admin is on roadmap (for which version) or not yet.
    No, it is not on the immediate roadmap.

Individual additional fields can be added easily enough with a hack as you say.

Managing customizable fields via the admin is a much more intense coding exercise, depending on how much flexibility is offered (a set number of fields vs unlimited, vs where to use/display, vs what kind of content is allowed/prohibited, and so on).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast