Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Override Files--Should they be different from defaults?

Yes. I used PSPad, though I normally use WinMerge. I removed all 22 of the files that I had found to be identical, and I see no difference in the looks or function of the template.

The vast majority of the template is controlled from the stylesheet (which the template author also messed up--he called it stylesheet2.css even though it has all the same selectors as the original). There are a few changes in templates\CUSTOM\common\tpl_header.php and languages\english\CUSTOM\header.php. It will be a good template when I am done with it, but I had really expected it to be good the moment I shelled out for it.

So, I spent 50 bucks on a template that is really not that good
    I thought I was saving myself some work, but it looks like that may not be the case. Oh well, at least I have nice header and logo images to work with!

On the upside, I am becoming much more familiar with ZenCart this way. Whenever problems arise later on, I will be in a better position to tackle them!

Thanks for your help folks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OFelixCulpa View Post
    Perhaps someone can explain why this is so. Are there any other pitfalls which I should be aware of with regard to this?
    The reason why is the way the cart searches for a template file (governed by functions in includes/classes/template_func.php)
    It looks in various places to find a match for the filename, and this particular problem is caused by the preg_match function finding the pattern it was looking for in your modified file name (because you simply added a z at the front, the remainder of the name was a match for the pattern html_header.php).

If you had changed the name in any way other than adding letters at the front or after .php, there would not have been a match.
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

That makes perfect sense. I'll know better next time. I was initially worried that there was some other problem which was causing it to refuse to use the default file. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Thanks for the explanation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12