Plugin Contributions

Default Can ZenCart do these?

I have an enquiry from a publisher of spiritual books who wants to set up an online book store for shipping the books mainly to their global customers. The client has some specific requests, so I thought it best to check here if Zen Cart can do these things. Ideally, these things should be possible out of the box:
    1. Differential pricing for each publication based on the registered location of the customer or the shipping address. For example, one price for US/UK customers and another for less developed countries. In fact, the org has three price bands for three groups of countries and they make all this known upfront.

If the shipping address chosen is the same country as the registered user, the shopping cart should reflect that; if different (for example, a customer with a regd. US address may want to ship it to a third world country), the system should show only the price for the third world country even though the customer is based in the U.S.
    2. Ability to show stock details (out of stock)
    3. Multiple shipping addresses. Either store multiple addresses and choose one at checkout or provide the ability to add one at checkout.
    4. Profile info of customer registered once and auto-filled in for subsequent orders.
    5. Easily add products and their images- the client is an organisation where retired people who will manage the system work as volunteers.
    6. Support for ability to set, say, Indian rupees as the primary currency with the option to show the conversion to other currencies at checkout time or even during the course of the order.
    Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can ZenCart do these?

I also need to know how to ship to multiple addresses. If you find out please email me. I was asked to research Zen Cart to find out if there is a way or not. Keep in mind, I have no clue to anything that has to deal with PHP or Zen Cart. If it is possible please let me know how to do it so I can pass that info along.

Plugin Contributions

Not entirely sure about your first requirement but as for numbers 2 - 6 zencart can do these right out of the box, all editable directly from the admin panel.

2. Ability to show stock details (out of stock). Available with standard install.

3. Multiple shipping addresses. Either store multiple addresses and choose one at checkout or provide the ability to add one at checkout. Available with standard install, number of allowed addresses is set in admin.

4. Profile info of customer registered once and auto-filled in for subsequent orders. Available with standard install.

5. Easily add products and their images- the client is an organisation where retired people who will manage the system work as volunteers. Available with standard install, although easy to 1 person might be the hardest thing in the world to another person.

6. Support for ability to set, say, Indian rupees as the primary currency with the option to show the conversion to other currencies at checkout time or even during the course of the order. Available with standard install, although rupees would have to be added to the installed currencies via admin.

Not really sure what you mean by "how to ship to multiple addresses." The order in zencart admin will show you the delivery address chosen by the customer, it's then upto you to ship to the required address.
    Last edited by spbennett; 17 Oct 2007 at 09:08 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spbennett View Post

3. Multiple shipping addresses. Either store multiple addresses and choose one at checkout or provide the ability to add one at checkout. Available with standard install, number of allowed addresses is set in admin.

I was referring to shipping different items in the same order to different addresses.

Plugin Contributions

I was referring to shipping different items in the same order to different addresses

can u please be more specific

i assume u want that it should work like:

book A to address X
    book B to address Y

when a customer is making checkout

and for 1st option you will need to define shipping zone and set price according to them

rest all of features are available
    read the faq and tutorials and they will help u solve little problems
    www.goshoppinglive.com

Plugin Contributions

help question Shipping different items to different addresses shipping calculation

I need information about shipping different items to different addresses and basing the shipping total on that address subtotal.

Merchandise total per address per shipping date is really what we need.

Any clue how to do this.

C

Quote Originally Posted by rajeev83 View Post
    I was referring to shipping different items in the same order to different addresses

book A to address X
    book B to address Y

and for 1st option you will need to define shipping zone and set price according to them

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rajeev83 View Post

book A to address X
    book B to address Y

Exactly what I need. How do I do that in ZenCart ??