Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Group Pricing Per Item Issue

CodeMonger, you are being most helpful! Thanks, I really appreciate it as I attempt to flounder around in the PHP... I didn't know the correct syntax and looks like your solutions would work, but… I've been looking at the functions_prices.php code and wondering if there isn't an alternative solution, at least for my purposes. I'd rather just nix the whole specials deal and have all customers be assigned to price groups. But, I'd like to show the regular price, and the discount for the group_pricers, and all the cute little red text etc., so I'm looking to see if I can integrate the group_price price into the display_special_price, display_sale_price code… dunno.. may be way over my head… I could use that luck now!

Plugin Contributions

codeMonger's updates to the >shopping_cart.php< file in [includes/classes] worked like a charm when I updated the file manually.

Thank you!!!

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue.

When adding or updating a product the Group prices are not saving to the database.

EG: I enter the normal price, plus the prices for each group ie. Group A, Group B etc...

Save the updates. When I go back to edit the product again only the Normal price is showing none of the Group Prices have updated.

I am using Zen Cart version 1.3.7.
    For your dreams to become reality, you first have to dream...

Please ignore the last post I have solved the problem.
    I reinstalled the module.
    For your dreams to become reality, you first have to dream...

Plugin Contributions

I am interested in using this odule but not interested in the hassles. Just wondering if the actual module download has been fixed or if I will need nedd to fix it manually.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vivaraquel View Post
    I am interested in using this odule but not interested in the hassles. Just wondering if the actual module download has been fixed or if I will need nedd to fix it manually.

Thank you.

ZEN cart version: 1.3.7

Thanks codeMonger!!! I just copy your shopping_cart.php file to the right place and it worked !!!!! Finallly!!

To answer your question, vivaraquel, the file in the download area has not been updated. I just try it today [June 23, 2007] and I run into this problem. To be honest, I fiddle alot with the installation process, but I think this is the right order:

Install the group pricing patch.

Install the online group pricing patch. [The prices in the shopping cart are really messed up with this]

Then install/copy codeMonger's shopping_cart.php file in the right location (includes/classes)

This is what worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by perelandra View Post
    thank you codeMonger! No luck needed, that did the trick... very kind of you to upload that!... only now come to find out GPPI doesn't play at all nice with "special pricing" or "salemaker". Really wacked... e.g. displays:

$196.60 $233.46
    Save: -19% off

where $196.60 is the group price (strike through in zen cart) and $233.46 (in red) is the "special" price. Calculates a minus percentage! The right price shows up correctly in the shopping cart but this looks really wacky on the products display. It looks like the code in shopping_cart.php is supposed to turn off the special_price when group_price (// exclude group price) is active, but doesn't look like it's working, or I'm not reading it correctly.
    After re-installing my database ... I noticed I had this same issue. I applied the database patch: "group_pricing_remove" and then the "group_pricing" and the prices show correctly now.

Hopefully this might help you too.

Thanks!

Norma

Plugin Contributions

Never mind... please ignore my message.
    After a new database upgrade, I'm am now having the same problem you did.

Plugin Contributions

At first I thought this was a problem with the new version of zen 1.3.7 because I had both the group price and the online group price patches install on my older zen cart (version 1.3.0 ) but that is not true.

This problem has been there from the start. It also exists on my old version but I just didn't notice it.

This means that most likely it would be fixed.

Now I starting to wonder... how much do the zen-cart guru's would charge for a fix like this...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm trying to fix the negative sale price that shows for the group pricing items when the group price is less than the sale price.

So, I grep for the "save:" keyword and it seems that these are the areas where the negative sale price is being calculated:

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/functions_prices.php

Line #204 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . $show_discount_amount . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE . '</span>';

Line #207 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . $currencies->display_price(($display_normal_price - $display_sale_price), zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT . '</span>';

Line #211 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . number_format(100 - (($display_special_price / $display_normal_price) * 100),SHOW_SALE_DISCOUNT_DECIMALS) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE . '</span>';

Line #213 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . $currencies->display_price(($display_normal_price - $display_special_price), zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT . '</span>';

catalog/includes/functions/functions_prices.php

Line #242 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . $show_discount_amount . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE . '</span>';

Line #245 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . $currencies->display_price(($display_normal_price - $display_sale_price), zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT . '</span>';

Line #249 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . number_format(100 - (($display_special_price / $display_normal_price) * 100),SHOW_SALE_DISCOUNT_DECIMALS) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE . '</span>';

Line #251 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . $currencies->display_price(($display_normal_price - $display_special_price), zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_AMOUNT . '</span>';

But when I change the way is calculating it, so that if the sale price is more than the regular price, it leaves the regular price, nothing happens. I even tried appending my name on the string being display and I didn't even see that.

Is the group price being identified by the $display_normal_price?

Can someone give an ideas as to what else could be happening?

My change was like this in line 211 (admin) and 245 (includes) in both admin and include files:

if $display_normal_price > $display_special_price then

//do line #211 calculate sale.
    Line #211 : $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . number_format(100 - (($display_special_price / $display_normal_price) * 100),SHOW_SALE_DISCOUNT_DECIMALS) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE . '</span>';

else
    //do not calculate sale. This a group pricing. Display $display_normal_price
    //by doing this new line:
    Line #new line: $show_sale_discount = '<span class="productPriceDiscount">' . '<br />' . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PREFIX . number_format(100 - (($display_normal_price / $display_normal_price) * 100),SHOW_SALE_DISCOUNT_DECIMALS) . PRODUCT_PRICE_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE . '</span>';

Thanks!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast