Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quotes have issues affecting my product images

Yes, I did notice.
    I'm continuing discussion in this thread, because it contains relevant history, rather than a new post.

Using the very same product name and description as yourself, I cannot reproduce the problem on my own test servers (one of them using PHP v4.4.5 and MySQL 4.2.11-standard-log ... which makes configuration very similar to yours).

Your server's addslashes() function appears to be converting single-quotes to two single-quotes instead of a backslash and a single-quote.

There is a growing trend towards using '' instead of \' (considered to be "more portable" across database-engine choices, and safer in multi-byte server configurations), but that usually only happens by using the database-provided scripts for escaping content being prepared for insertion into the database.

I've been researching to find out whether/where addslashes() has been altered to produce '' instead of \' but haven't found it.

Hence the question about your PHP version.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you upload the techsupp.php file (you can find it in the zc_install folder of your Zen Cart files) to your server? (into your "cart" folder is fine), and post a link to it?

Specifically, I want to look at your magic_quotes settings for _runtime and _sybase.

Apparently having magic_quotes_sybase enabled will cause the use of single-quotes for escaping instead of backslashes.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the link:
    http://www.aaau.com/cart/techsupp.php

Strangely though, it gives me a 500 Internal Server Error and I'm not sure why. The logs mention nothing.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind, found the logs.
    Code:
    [11-Jun-2007 14:48:21] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/cart/techsupp.php:51) in public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [11-Jun-2007 14:48:21] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at public_html/cart/techsupp.php:51) in public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [11-Jun-2007 14:48:21] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/cart/techsupp.php:51) in public_html/cart/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [11-Jun-2007 14:48:29] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/cart/techsupp.php:51) in public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [11-Jun-2007 14:48:29] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at public_html/cart/techsupp.php:51) in public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [11-Jun-2007 14:48:29] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at public_html/cart/techsupp.php:51) in public_html/cart/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The 500 error is probably some mod-security issue.

Try this:
    - recreate the zc_install folder
    - upload the zc_install/.htaccess file
    - upload the zc_install/techsupp.php file

The .htaccess should work around the mod_security bit, and using the subfolder keeps the effect isolated to the zc_install folder.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.aaau.com/cart/zc_install/techsupp.php

Still getting the same error. And yes, .htaccess is uploaded.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Puzzling.

Alternate approach...
    Login into your admin
    Choose Tools->Server Info

Search down the screen for magic_quotes and post what you find for the different variations.

Plugin Contributions

(First on/off is Local, second is Master)
    magic_quotes_gpc On On
    magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
    magic_quotes_sybase On On

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HDG View Post
    (First on/off is Local, second is Master)
    magic_quotes_gpc On On
    magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
    magic_quotes_sybase On On
    Hmmm ... as I suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by PHP
    If magic_quotes_sybase is on, a single-quote is escaped with a single-quote instead of a backslash if magic_quotes_gpc or magic_quotes_runtime are enabled.
    Now to come up with a workaround for you ...

Plugin Contributions

I have access to change those, but I don't think I should. We have many clients on the server, some of which are not mine.

mysql_real_escape_string() wouldn't solve this, would it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast