Plugin Contributions

Default Need Help with v1.3.7

Need some help bad...........

This is what it says on my old zencart in the top right corner.......

New Version Available V1.3.7 :: New Release with PayPal Express Checkout support
    Download Here

If I download this new version will it mess up anything in my cart...... Please tell me how to do it step by step please.......not to go with this yet. Thank you and God bless you

Joseph

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Help with v1.3.7

Simply downloading it will have no effect whatsoever; installing it will definitely affect your cart, but to what degree depends on your current version of ZC and how much customisation has been done.

The safest way to handle this is to create a complete clone of your existing site with it's own database. Then, follow the upgrade instructions in the docs directory, but carry out this upgrade on your copy. This way, your live store remains safe. Personally, once I've upgraded the COPY database, if that goes smoothly, then I immediately upgrade the live DATABASE. This means that while work goes on with the files on the COPY, the original store can still be doing trade and it is easier to merge the databases when it comes time to put the new store live.

Note that if your current version is pre 1.3 then there will be vast differences because the whole structure of ZC changed (for the better!) from table-based to CSS.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

when you said........installing it will definitely affect your cart, but to what degree depends on your current version of ZC and how much customisation has been done. All I need to know is will it still have all my product in there.

Thank you and God bless you with more of HIM
    Joseph

Plugin Contributions

If you do as recommended then yes, your products will still be in the database - but whether the look'n'feel of your site will be as you wish without a lot of work is another matter completely.

Why not try it and see? As I said, if you completely clone the existing site and only work on the clone, your original remains safe and sound.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I did clone my cart and put it on my desktop but i am not sure and not used to working in here........I did install my cart I think...... It is fine in the back office but when you view it online this is what it says.....

1054 Unknown column 'startdate' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select startdate, counter, session_counter from zen_counter_history where startdate='20070617']

also in my back office is says this at the top....

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Not sure whats going on........ I may have messed things up.. I pray that I didn't......... What I really need more than anything from the old cart is all the images and top banner........thats really important.......Please help me....... If you could call me or walk me through this. my number is 816-824-2390.....I am still learning.

Thank you and God bless you
    Joseph